Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Soon to be PB FiST in Austin, TX! Any service center recommendations?

Hello all. Checking in from Austin ,TX. I'm picking up a PB FiST in Ft. Worth in about a week and have some specific FiST questions as well as some general new car buying questions. First off what do I need to be ready with when I go pick up my car? I have $5k in cash for down payment as well as a 2006 Toyota Sienna w/ 80,000mi for trade in. Any sort of special documentation I should bring or anything I should prepare in advance of visiting the dealer? Any Fiesta ST specific pickup info?

Also couple of maintenance/mod questions?
1) I will be driving the car back to Austin after picking it up in Ft. Worth. Do I need to take any prep for the trip back to Austin?
2) Planning on getting oil changed at 500mi. Any Austin owners recommend one service center over another?
3) Tint is must for the Central Texas summers. Looks like 35% is pretty popular on here. Any recommendations?

I'm sure I will have more questions as I get closer but just a few to get me ready. Thanks everybody!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Congrats aqnd Welcome
Gotta say you did manage to pick one of the Quickest colors out there . no matter what anyone says ;)

ONly thing you need to do it very the speed on your trip back don't set the cruise at 80 for 2 hrs move it around with lil squirts of speed and then back it off to under legal maybe once or twice pull in a rest area or gas and go to let it sit for a few minutes and ABOVE ALL when you fill it up buy THE BEST OCTANE gas you can find it will be just so much more fun.. Also don't be afraid to push the ESC button one for Sport Mode and once and Hold for 5 sec for FULL OFF.. both need to be done from full on as you can not go from sport to full off ESC. and don't worry about hurting the car with a stock tune you are very safe to play around but try to keep it below 5k the first 100 miles .. Don't do like I did when I picked mine up last October, I was so happy I forgot to shift till it hit the rev limiter LOL I was looking sharp...
As for the other parts of your question I am not local so of no use that way :)