Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sprayed150's get beat up in Street Touring autox thread!!!! WOOOO!!!!!

Sprayed150's Street touring autox thread, now with 100% more state championship wins!

So long time lurker and former SCCA ESP competitor years back in my 2 S197 mustangs. traded my truck for a fun daily a few months back and here I am, back in Autox, and back in the industry Working for Steeda.

I didnt stick to H street purely because I do other things with the car that bump me out, so for this year, I decided to take my bruises in ST while i learn it, and hope for the best with an ST H class next year.

I ran a couple local events with the car basically stock with a tune and rear brace, placed decently in PAX considering, but recently decided to buy a few things for the car to get my build going. I grabbed a set of eibach springs for now, with the intention of getting something better down the road with some Konis, or going to a coilover. Got a killer deal on some of the new azenis in 215/40 that i couldnt pass on for the rest of this year, a set of the wheels off our old non st car for them, and some intake and shifter parts. prob going to play with a non st front bar, and the Eibach rear bar to try and dial in rotation as well. tomorrow im throwing on the springs and shifter bits, and in 2 weeks there is a group running a night autox in conjuction with a drag racing event ill use to get a ton of seat time at. Ive got a ride for nats this year if i decide to go and not get puppy kicked in my own car because classing, so thats not a concern for 2017.

Last edited:

GAbOS

Awesome post! Keep us updated. I dig the direction you are going with this. If you can get your hands on the RPF1's.. do it!

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #3
oh, if money wasnt an option, Id be dailying RPF1's, and racing RPF1's

maybe come tax time next year ill ditch the stocks, daily on the race wheels, and buy a set of 16x7's for some RE71s or rivals

GAbOS

I'll keep watching! It was a huge change for my daily use. The steering got super responsive. Using BFG SC2 205/45 on stock suspension.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you've been to the Nats in E/SP all those years ago, I guess you came up against Sam Strano (among others, like Ames) in either his 'Stangs, or his 4th gen, LS1 Z28?

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #6
If you've been to the Nats in E/SP all those years ago, I guess you came up against Sam Strano (among others, like Ames) in either his 'Stangs, or his 4th gen, LS1 Z28?
I know of sam, I've spoken to him a few times, and we have a few mutual friends but I've never raced against him. I always stayed down in the southeast

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #7
Dear diary, today i did things, and bruised all of my knuckles.

decided to def use the other wheels for my race tires as they are prob 2-3 lbs lighter at least per corner. sprayed these while i was taking breathers. shifter feels better, RMM is super agressive, I may go to something milder as this is my daily.

Did you put a Magnaflow on the ST?
or planning to?
Just curious how you like the sound.

I know I need my RMM but so far I am not liking the added vibrations. Hoping it settles down in the next couple of weeks.

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #10
I dont have exhaust on the car right now, just a resonator delete, i may do cobb dp and FSwerks catback down the road

Im replacing the CPE RMM tomorrow with a cobb, the CPE is just too much for me to daily with

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #11
Changed to a Cobb RMM and did a very loosely run event last night. It just had stock, fwd, rwd, awd classes. i dominated FWD by 1.5 seconds and got a 12th overall finish. i was running a bit low front tire pressure, and im def going to add a rear sway bar to get the rotation i want.

[video=vimeo;226632552]https://vimeo.com/226632552[/video]

[video=vimeo;226634490]https://vimeo.com/226634490[/video]

[video=vimeo;226635791]https://vimeo.com/226635791[/video]

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #13
Next one of these type of events is Aug 19th, im going to try and get the Eibach rear bar in the next week or 2, and get the traction bar and trucnk brace from TB as well. with the change in event setup, we should get at least 8 runs in, maybe 10 next event.

and maybe ill remember my number plates this time

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #16
been talking with my friend that got me into autox over 10 years ago the last few days, and we decided we are going to codrive my car for the solo tour, regional, and match events down in the southeast next season. Ive put my chump car for sale, and selling that will let me get the suspension set along with more tires as I plan to kill these by january practicing. Hes already got a transponder and we are going to use it on a gopro with solostorm for data logging and telemetry.

I definitely need to build a tire trailer now... the fun never ends

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #17
Pierce trunk brace and a symposer delete to get rid of the stupid sound tube ordered.

also got some gold heat tape coming to wrap the intake box in to help manage the heat soak some

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #19
put my BOV spacer on and it makes me laugh, but i cant leave it on as its illegal because again Street touring rules dont want me to be happy.

symposer delete is here, ill put it on this weekend, my friend is going to buy another ser of wheels with 215 rival 1.5's on them so we can use them or my azenis depending on the events