Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sprayed150's get beat up in Street Touring autox thread!!!! WOOOO!!!!!

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Nice FiST!
I have a question. Looking through your pictures, especially the ones of you on three wheels, it seems like autox puts a lot of strain on the suspension and chassis components. What parts, if any, do you find to be the weak link or often need replacing?

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #324
Honestly. My old car I never broke anything on surprisingly, I'd say wheel bearings would prob have been a thing that would have been replaced. But iirc I only had 23k on my old one when I sold it.

Now this one with 17k I've broken 2 rmm bolts in a couple weeks and I think it's bc the upper engine mount is messed up. I'm swapping that today to see

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #325
Now that was a proper hiatus and return. Welcome back
LOL yea I went from fist, to that f150 for a year and 40k miles, then a 2500 6.7 ram that I tuned deleted and did a big turbo on for 49k miles, to a 2020 civic si I raced but sold after 6 months bc I got 3k over what I paid for it after 5 or 6 events and needed a truck again, a new silverado, then back to this. Got 2nd in the 2019 Florida autocross champ in camc in a friend's 1le ss I went into cold, and went to solo Nats in 2018 and raced ssm in a friend's z06

Attachments

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #327
So why back to the FiST after the SI?
Curious if you have a preference?

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk
Cost. I bought the si after racing a friend's at an scca event, I loved the car, but I sold it for almost 30k after paying under 25k for it bc the market, and I needed a truck again for work. I looked at them again but the price is way up on the 11th Gen, and it's 200 lbs heavier than my 10th Gen was. But the car overall is way better. They have electronic dampers, a real mechanical diff, and can fit 275s under the fenders. The clutch can't handle a small tune though and slips by 220whp.

The Fiesta was almost 10k cheaper used market, and I know them pretty well. I'd never have sold it if I could have fit my daughter's rear facing baby seat in it with my big gorilla of a self in front. But a front facing toddler fits fine lol

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #328
Today we swapped the pass motor mount out, it looked a bit off and had more movement than it should, so they had a known good one they gave me. Pulled the nose to do an ic, and it already has a bigger fmic on it, going to have to return the one I bought to @ron@whoosh lol.

Peterson

Premium Account
Today we swapped the pass motor mount out, it looked a bit off and had more movement than it should, so they had a known good one they gave me. Pulled the nose to do an ic, and it already has a bigger fmic on it, going to have to return the one I bought to @ron@whoosh lol.
Well if you’re going back into STH, there’s wayyy more allowances now than in 2017/2018

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #330
Well if you’re going back into STH, there’s wayyy more allowances now than in 2017/2018
Nice, I haven't really dabbled it much in recent years when I have the Civic I briefly considered going to it because I can run big fucking tires but I didn't want to have to put a clutch in the car to run a tune. I'll have to look into that

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #331
So yet again we've proven that I can't leave anything alone. Something about cosmetic stuff here and there,a set of Springs, konis, etc etc etc

And a friend ceramic coated it over the weekend

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So yet again we've proven that I can't leave anything alone. Something about cosmetic stuff here and there,a set of Springs, konis, etc etc etc

Thought id be seeing like side skirts....Front splitter....rear splitter with cosmetic stuff* [thankyou]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Yeah, I wish mine could 'glow' like that!

Where I am now, taking care of my father and stepmom, we are not even allowed to wipe down the car with detailing spray, let alone a wash, full paint correction, clay bar, and coating/waxing. [mad]

There is also much more tree pollen, and bird droppings here, because of where I MUST park, being a non-resident, so it needs those things even more yet than where I live permanently. [:(]