Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sprayed150's get beat up in Street Touring autox thread!!!! WOOOO!!!!!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
well. a decision has been made and implemented. as my child is being born in a few weeks, i decided to take my last event with its stellar results, and call that an end to the fiesta's racing career. 14 months, something like 18 events, lots of first place finishes. its been a great car, but my rear facing infant seat doesnt fit well and i need a truck for work. in the next few months the car will be gone, ive already sold my wheels and re71's, just need to pull the konis off and sell them.

the gameplan is to pick up and formula 500/Fmodified car later this year after the new baby hiatus in racing, and start my mod/openwheel aadventures
Sounds like a cop out......Kid excuse...wife excuse. One thing my Father told me is to never let go of your favorite things as you will kick yourself later on in life looking back. A good example is My Mom getting on my DAD about His snowmachine collection......Got rid of them all...Regrets it ever since. First kid was Born...My Lame milk mans kid older brother.....Got of rid of an Austin Healy...Worst mistake of his life he says. That car is worth some good coin now and a unicorn never seen in the public. But do what you Gotta do man....Just remember the car and the times that could've been shared with you and your son...teaching him how to autocross in the car you loved! I'm sad....[unbelieveable]

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #303
Sounds like a cop out......Kid excuse...wife excuse. One thing my Father told me is to never let go of your favorite things as you will kick yourself later on in life looking back. A good example is My Mom getting on my DAD about His snowmachine collection......Got rid of them all...Regrets it ever since. First kid was Born...My Lame milk mans kid older brother.....Got of rid of an Austin Healy...Worst mistake of his life he says. That car is worth some good coin now and a unicorn never seen in the public. But do what you Gotta do man....Just remember the car and the times that could've been shared with you and your son...teaching him how to autocross in the car you loved! I'm sad....[unbelieveable]
OOORRRRRR

my plan is to buy myself an Fmod/Formula 500 chassis and race that while buying a kart that the kid can learn to raace on years down the road, and keep both of those in a trailer for events instead of cram tires and bodies in a car that the kid couldnt raace for 15 years minimum.

im not quitting racing, i dont have as many trophies as i want to have, and i plan on being at SCCA nationals this year, my friend offered me a co drive in his SSR class C5 Z06

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Good...pass the Bug on...who knows what it will be like in 15yrs with all the driverless poop going on![wrenchin]

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #305
truck is putting in work, soon it will put in tow my racecar work, until then, i doubt ill be posting much in here. if anyone has questions for classing and setup, please dont hesitate to message me or post here, ill still get notifications and jump back on

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
truck is putting in work, soon it will put in tow my racecar work, until then, i doubt ill be posting much in here. if anyone has questions for classing and setup, please dont hesitate to message me or post here, ill still get notifications and jump back on

Be wary of the Plastic oil pans on the 2.7l Twin turbos.....They are a mediocre design and like to leak. They use a RTV gasket not an actual gasket and mate up to the aluminum block,,,[wrenchin]

Alright I've got a solid question for ya.

I've got my '17 prepped for HS. 16x7 Rota Slipstreams w/ 205/50R16 RE71Rs, Koni yellows all around, 3'' catback, rear eibach bar, panel filter

So I take 1st in HS at most of my local events (against a couple of other FiSTs mainly), but I never come close to a PAX win. I think the best I've come is like 25 out of 120, with a 1st in HS?

Anyways, it sounds like I've got my class under control, but how do I improve my driving to start knocking down my PAX time to start competing with other classes.

Settings for Konis? I'm all full stiff in front, and 1/4 turn from full stiff in the rear. My last event I won with over a second margin at 40 psi front, 42 psi rear.

I know it's hard to give advice without sitting in the car for a run, but what do you think I could do to improve my times?

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #310
i ran 3/4 tight front, 1/2 tight in the rear, with the re71 tires i ran 40 front, 38 front, 44 rear, with the rivals, 30/34 f r.

pax is a great thing for h street, but if you have some solid as hell drivers in c street and d street, it makes pax hard. ive seen guys win a class here and pax horrible, because the other people in the class were slow, and his times were actually not blisteringly fast. to top pax, you still need to lay down a really solid raw time.

my last event, i won H street by like 3 second, and i beat every other fiesta there(sth and csp/smf modded cars) by almost 2.5 seconds.

Wow, different pressures front L vs front R. that's awesome, didn't think about that. Sounds like I may have my shocks a bit too tight, I'll try lowering the stiffness up front a small bit. Sounds like I'm on the right path, just need more seat time to tighten up the loose nut behind the wheel.

And yea, my group has some solid as hell drivers in CS and DS, but the guy who takes PAX every time is an STU subie

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #312
No, i ran the same front saide to side and rear side to side. The different pressures i posted were for 2 different tire types

Running 205/50/15 Azenis. Any suggestions on tire pressure on an asphalt autox. Thinking about starting warm at 38 front and 36 rr.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

felopr

Running 205/50/15 Azenis. Any suggestions on tire pressure on an asphalt autox. Thinking about starting warm at 38 front and 36 rr.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
every track is different, different track temperature, different driving styles. You wont know unless you run and start testing. The best way to find out is with a tire pyrometer
but if you don't have one, another good way to find out is looking at the wear triangle markers on both ends of the tire

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
For autocross an infrared unit can work quite well as the higher temps are mainly on the surface and just under it, a probe pyro is best for track but I ended up just using my hands eventually when I got so used to doing it after the hundreds of autocross events and dozens of track events I have ran.

------------

I fully understand going to the F500 and kart and getting the truck.

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #318
sorry for not getting back quick, for my azenis i found i was rolling them over at anything under 36 hot up front, and found optimal wear at 38 hot front, 34 rear.

i just used an 20 dollar infrared i held against the tire and looked at inner, middle, outer tems

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Perfect, rolling over or not, hot in the middle, on either or both edges, obvious heavy scuffing, all we really need to know per tire and if the car is loose, tight, how fast it transitions and how stable when doing so........