Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Squeaky clutch pedal conquered....

We started out with what sounded like more than one high pitch squeak from the clutch pedal. I hit as many pivot points as I could (and there are MANY) with silicone spray and that solved the high pitched squeaks, but seemed to create another lower-pitched squeak...or at least make it worse. This was a squeak you could feel in your foot. It became unbearable so tonight I used my hand to feel out the squeak - it was coming from the large pivoting spring unit at the rearmost upper part of the pedal assembly. I had previously hit it somewhat with the silicone spray so I'm not sure why that seemed to make it worse. Tonight I doused the inside of the bucket the spring resides in as well as the two hinge points the bucket hinges on with spray lithium grease instead and problem solved! Silence!, mostly. One little high pitch squeak from the brake pedal to go and things will sound.......like they should to begin with [confuse].

PhoenixM3

Awesome! Good work. I'm still a little annoyed with the sounds in between shifts, which I guess are coming from the dual mass flywheel.

Glad I found this and the other thread, I had been dealing with the creak for 40k miles, got under there last night with some teflon lubricant and hit the pivots, no more sound!