Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Squeaky Seats

So I just started noticing my passenger seat has been making a squeaking noise. I pushed down on the seat and there is some creaking from the foam but that's not what I'm hearing. The noise only happens when there is someone in the seat and I'm going around a turn. It sounds more like a metallic ting than anything else. I'm fairly sure it's the rails. I also noticed my driver's seat does it on hard turns as well. As for the foam the drivers seat creaks a little bit but I'm not sure what they will tell me for that. I'm taking it in today but has anyone else had this issue?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Mine does this when only one rail is locked. To fix it I sit in the passenger seat move it to all positions and when it is where it should be and lock I force forward and back, twist etc to make sure its locked.

TUX15ST

I have this issue as well with my passenger seat, haven't really looked into it much yet, let me know what you find out!

OP
Koobs
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the tip I'll give this a go when I'm on break

OP
Koobs
Thread Starter #5
I have this issue as well with my passenger seat, haven't really looked into it much yet, let me know what you find out!
Sure thing!

Deli

I also have the cloth and the drivers side one squeaks every time I move. It's still under warranty, so I should just take it in, but most of the time, I just turn up my music because I'm too lazy to go to the dealer. I hear air and some rattling coming from either my moonroof or behind me somewhere which drives me nuts because I can't pinpoint it. That bothers me more the the squeaky chair.

OP
Koobs
Thread Starter #12
I took it to the dealer 2 hours ago and they found the sound and agreed that is not normal so I got a new seat track coming my way covered by the warranty [rockon]

I just started having the same issue a couple days ago and it's driving me insane. I've got the regular cloth seats and it makes a clicking noise whenever I move, and I can feel something moving in the back rest. I'm considering going into the dealer as well.