Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST OEM brake pads......

XuperXero

I think I can speak for Dave that we drive hard.

I take my car to the mountain passes every Sunday and went on a 6300km tour around China before brake pads died somewhere around Chongqing (a very mountainous city with steep grades everywhere). Would have never made it back home if Chongqing didn't have any brake pads, had to go through 4 dealership before finding stock.

OP
B
Thread Starter #22

Had some after-market Ceramic pads installed today by my friendly Ford dealer......on all four wheels. They declined to install the OEM CMax pads. Drove all over town today with no sign of brake dust on the wheels. Yes, they do give up a little in performance. You need a little more pressure on the brake pedal, but for my style of driving, they are just fine. An added bonus......non-grabby at low speed. That could be annoying at times. Although........it cost me $250 for the pads and labor. I think that was a little high, but it saved me time, and a ton of work.

rexdriver85

Had some after-market Ceramic pads installed today by my friendly Ford dealer......on all four wheels. They declined to install the OEM CMax pads. Drove all over town today with no sign of brake dust on the wheels. Yes, they do give up a little in performance. You need a little more pressure on the brake pedal, but for my style of driving, they are just fine. An added bonus......non-grabby at low speed. That could be annoying at times. Although........it cost me $250 for the pads and labor. I think that was a little high, but it saved me time, and a ton of work.
What exactly do the CMax pads offer?

OP
B
Thread Starter #24
I am not sure. A couple people here suggested the CMax pads would fit......and produce less dust.

me32

1000 Post Club
Just to correct myself. When i talking about autozone cmax pads i am not talking about the FORD C-max. I just went on autozones website. Currently they do not have the autozone gold cmax pads(which are ceramic pads)for the fiesta ST yet.

rexdriver85

Just to correct myself. When i talking about autozone cmax pads i am not talking about the FORD C-max. I just went on autozones website. Currently they do not have the autozone gold cmax pads(which are ceramic pads)for the fiesta ST yet.
Ohh, when he said OEM CMax I thought the vehicle.

rexdriver85

Sorry if i did not clarify myself when i posted it
That's okay. I couldn't see a hybrid cars brake pads having any benefit over what we have anyway besides less dust, lol.

Finding that happy medium between great performance and low dust will be hard to find I think.

OP
B
Thread Starter #29
I guess it all comes down to how you define performance. All my driving is your daily slog through traffic.......not much opportunity to come anywhere close to the car's capability.....except the occasional on-ramp grand prix. :) Average brake performance is fine for me. I am sounding my age, but brake performance to me is, 'the car stops when I press the brake pedal'. The ability to perform repeated stops from high speeds just isn't necessary for me. I'll take average performance and low dust. Now if I had the opportunity to put the car on the track or lightly traveled back roads, I might feel differently....and I fully understand those who demand top performance. Lastly, I don't think the accumulation of dust is 100% the fault of the brakes.....a small part of it is the design of the OEM rims. All those nooks and crannies, collect brake dust and road grit, and hold on to it. At any rate, I would give the car a definite B+.......14,300 miles and counting, and everything is functioning flawlessly. The clutch is light, the shifting butter-smooth, and when the turbo winds up in 2nd gear, it's a hoot. Not to mention the go-kart handling. Can you imagine a Fiesta RS with say 275HP? I hope there is one in my future. Of course, at my age, I hope I have a future. :)

OP
B
Thread Starter #30
So far I am pleased with the new ceramic brake pads........almost no dust on the wheels after about 200 miles.....stop and go and freeway. With the old OEM pads, my silver wheels would be brown by now.

me32

1000 Post Club
So far I am pleased with the new ceramic brake pads........almost no dust on the wheels after about 200 miles.....stop and go and freeway. With the old OEM pads, my silver wheels would be brown by now.
Glad to hear there working for you. For me i prefer aggressive braking.

airjor13

2000 Post Club

OEM Pads at just shy of 26K miles.....yep need replacing, check your brake pads folks!!

Brand New Hawk Pads are in! HB725B.650 fit perfectly!

YIN

I prefer the OE pads.
Sometimes the good aftermarket pads although do produce less dust, it is because they are a harder material and take the rotors out quicker.

Dave
Does ST use the same front OE pad and caliper with normal Fiesta ? (I know ST has larger brake rotors)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Does ST use the same front OE pad and caliper with normal Fiesta ? (I know ST has larger brake rotors)
No, the pads, rotors, and calipers are different.

Dave