Stage 2 - Inexpensive options?

FistSt215

Member ID
If I could do it again, which I will, I would run 2Jr Intake, DHM or Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb AP.
I'm thinking about 2jr intake in the future . I'm just worry about the rain and cabin noise being loud

FistSt215

Member ID
I went with Mountune RMM, drop in filter, and AP, and a Depo FMIC for a total cost of $942 shipped.

Now if I could just find a road where I can do a 20-80mph 3rd gear pull without traffic, then I could get logs to Randy and post them on here for everyone to see if the Depo is doing its job!

I believe someone already posted a log with good results in the Depo thread . I did 2 logs but don't have a running computer to post it up. Been driving 90 plus degree weather here the last few days and the car don't feel sluggish at all with the Depo IC I think it's doing a hell of job she still moves and pulls in stage 3 oTS . Gonna get a e tune eventually down the road

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Member ID
I feel stock intake is adequate and unnecessary for stage 2. Get an induction hose and drop-in filter, call it a day.

Member ID
I just got my AP and will be installing an intercooler tomorrow, can I go with the OTS stage 2 map? I only have a Cobb drop in filter.

Based

Member ID
Do I need an intake mod to run a stage 1 OTS? I just ordered a Cobb APV3 last night. I was just going to run the APv3, an IC, then get a tune from adam but now I'm not sure if I need an intake or not. And if I do, what's the one that is the least annoying but gives the most power?

Member ID
With Stage 1, no. Honestly, a drop in filter is really all you need for the stock Turbo and AM I/C with Stage 2. Even that is questionable.

Do I need an intake mod to run a stage 1 OTS? I just ordered a Cobb APV3 last night. I was just going to run the APv3, an IC, then get a tune from adam but now I'm not sure if I need an intake or not. And if I do, what's the one that is the least annoying but gives the most power?

Based

Member ID
With Stage 1, no. Honestly, a drop in filter is really all you need for the stock Turbo and AM I/C with Stage 2. Even that is questionable.
Ok cool.

I am back and forth on getting an intake and exhaust. I like how my car is quiet and unassuming. I'm going for all go no show for my car right now. I want it to be a sleeper lol. That and the fact that an intake and exhaust don't add that much horsepower and I'm now trying to spend $1000 on just intake and exhaust. A tune, IC, and x37 turbo is really all you need!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Member ID
I realize how wrong I was once I installed my Mishimoto intake. It sure is pretty and sounds great.

No problems, DTCs/lights, or anything with the CFM breather?

The check valve in that functions just fine?

Member ID
So a drop in filter and intercooler should be good for the OTS stage 2 tune?

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Member ID
The only CEL code I had was P144C, but that was because of loose clamps on my oil catch can.