Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Steering wheel bump feedback

Hey guys,

So recently I've noticed that whenever I turn my steering wheel to the right (about as much needed as to make a right turn) I feel a bump/click in the steering wheel every 1-2 wheel revolutions or so. This only happens when turning right though, not left. It almost feels as if my tire had a nail or some kind of large rock in it, but I only feel this in the steering wheel and only while turning right. I don't hear anything, just the feedback on the steering wheel.

I plan to take it to the dealership, but does anyone have any experience with this? Rather fix it myself than leave it to the dealer. Thanks

Hey guys,

So recently I've noticed that whenever I turn my steering wheel to the right (about as much needed as to make a right turn) I feel a bump/click in the steering wheel every 1-2 wheel revolutions or so. This only happens when turning right though, not left. It almost feels as if my tire had a nail or some kind of large rock in it, but I only feel this in the steering wheel and only while turning right. I don't hear anything, just the feedback on the steering wheel.

I plan to take it to the dealership, but does anyone have any experience with this? Rather fix it myself than leave it to the dealer. Thanks
Hi ed_the_sledd,

Once you have an appointment set up, I can send this up the chain to your customer service manager. I'll need your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location via PM.

Meagan

OP
E
Thread Starter #3
Hi ed_the_sledd,

Once you have an appointment set up, I can send this up the chain to your customer service manager. I'll need your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location via PM.

Meagan
Thanks Megan, but I actually brought the car in to the dealership today. I found a big blob/gloop (not sure the technical term) of grease under the clutch pedal. Seems that there may be a lack of lubrication, so I immediately brought it here. I'm waiting now, but I'll report back after they finish with the car.

Thanks Megan, but I actually brought the car in to the dealership today. I found a big blob/gloop (not sure the technical term) of grease under the clutch pedal. Seems that there may be a lack of lubrication, so I immediately brought it here. I'm waiting now, but I'll report back after they finish with the car.
Thanks for following up! I'll be around if you need me. :)

Meagan