Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Steering wheel off center?

Just hit 700 miles and I've noticed that my steering wheel is slightly off center. Wheel is off to the left just slightly. Tire pressure is correct. Anyone have this similar issue?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I had a similar problem with a previous car.
The simple solution was to take to the dealer and they checked the alignment.
Problem solved.

Dave

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
Made an alignment appointment at my local dealership. Looks to be the wheel is just slightly off center even though the wheels drive true and straight.

Try adjusting your tilt on the steering wheel. When I lock mine in it sometimes moves to the left a bit.

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
Alignment was off from the factory. Right toe was 0.28 and spec is 0-0.20. Left toe was .20 and both toes were set to 0.10. Problem fixed under warranty.

TheStig

Wish mine was that easy, I went back to the dealer i purchased the car from twice for the same alignment under the warranty. Both times i left it was not correct, but this was close to closing time and an hour plus drive from my place, so i couldnt just sit back and wait longer.

Im 99% sure the wheel itself is off somehow, it tracks straight but the wheel is just like 1/4" off or less to the left. It is annoying as hell to see the Ford logo crooked as i go down the road, if i put the wheel straight it starts to track right.

Ive given up on having that fixed, it was my one free alignment you're given and after two bad experiences i was not gonna try for #3. The dealer only miles from my place would not take up the alignment since it was started at another dealer. IE shafted.

I had this same problem. Dealer said the alignment was alignment was dead on then I would take it back out and the wheel was off center. It was a slow day and a small town dealer and they let me come back and sit in the car while it was on the alignment rack and get the wheel where I wanted to show me everything was aligned. Then I would take it for another drive and the wheel was still off center. What we ended up doing was "fudging" the alignment (their words) so that the toe was still in spec side to side, but moved over just slightly in the opposite direction from the way my wheel was turned going straight. That fixed it and it has been spot on since, like 10k miles ago. This may have just compensated for the crown in the road but either way I'm happy. Oh and they also reset my steering wheel position censor after adjusting toe.

The tech had his scanner tool plugged into the dash port and while on the alignment rack he unlatched the turn plates so I could move the wheels side to side freely. It was a sequence on the scanner where it had me turn the wheel full lock one way, then the other way, then to center. If I remember right at each point there was a little loading bar or something on his screen during the sequence.

Wish mine was that easy, I went back to the dealer i purchased the car from twice for the same alignment under the warranty. Both times i left it was not correct, but this was close to closing time and an hour plus drive from my place, so i couldnt just sit back and wait longer.

Im 99% sure the wheel itself is off somehow, it tracks straight but the wheel is just like 1/4" off or less to the left. It is annoying as hell to see the Ford logo crooked as i go down the road, if i put the wheel straight it starts to track right.

Ive given up on having that fixed, it was my one free alignment you're given and after two bad experiences i was not gonna try for #3. The dealer only miles from my place would not take up the alignment since it was started at another dealer. IE shafted.
I'll be happy to look into some additional assistance, if you'd like. Just send me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

TheStig

I'll be happy to look into some additional assistance, if you'd like. Just send me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan
Meagan,

Not sure its its really worth it at all, the car was since in a pretty good rear end passenger side collision that caused a majority of the rear suspension to be replaced. The alignment rack shows it is straight and true but the wheel still is not as, like before. Im not going to drive 3 hours round trip to the dealer the claim was started and "closed" at.

Meagan,

Not sure its its really worth it at all, the car was since in a pretty good rear end passenger side collision that caused a majority of the rear suspension to be replaced. The alignment rack shows it is straight and true but the wheel still is not as, like before. Im not going to drive 3 hours round trip to the dealer the claim was started and "closed" at.
Thanks for following up!

Meagan