Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Strange sound from exhaust

Hello and thank you for the responses in advanced. I just picked up a new to me shop exhaust, and after install I went for a test drive as you do. When I accelerate after about 3800 rpms there is a loud almost super charger whine sound that starts. It goes away when I shift and doesn't start till that same rpm range. Wondering if anyone has any ideas. I have videos but it won't let me attach them

OP
Hoonafist
Thread Starter #5
Definitely not turbo noise. May be an exhaust leak where it isnโ€™t fitted correctly? In the video it seems to be happening only in boost.
Yeah I have off the next 2 days so I'm going to put it on the lift and check for a pin sized hole right right after the downpipe. Also check to see if I tightened everything down. It's weird tho for an exhaust leak because the exhaust isn't louder in the traditional sense of having a hole In your exhaust ๐Ÿคท

OP
Hoonafist
Thread Starter #9
Okay so I'll upload a picture when I get home but it was the gasket between the downpipe and exhaust. Also, I built my intake so ik it's not leaking there ๐Ÿ˜‚ ( random leaks starts)

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Glad you found the culprit. I'm waiting on a new catback, and I already got a new gasket for when it goes on.