Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

Good read. I monitored all 4 cyl knock counts, and did a couple pulls. No knock was recorded. Maybe it's a learning process, and I'll wait an see if the next update's a little more aggressive. :)

Just to be clear. The tune feels awesome, leaps and bounds over the COBB ots. I just think there's more that can be squeezed out if it (OCD kicking in). :)
I'm sure there's more to be squeezed out. At least for my needs, the Strat tune has me rethinking whether to even bother going custom. For a daily driven street car, the driveability is just that good.

I'm sure there's more to be squeezed out. At least for my needs, the Strat tune has me rethinking whether to even bother going custom. For a daily driven street car, the driveability is just that good.
You are correct. Waiting for my long drive to work, to check out these increased MPG claims, as well. Car feels great!

AzNightmare

You can, it's called dataloging:)
He's not talking about datalogging. He means like visually what you can look at on the accessport in the gauges.

Probably going off topic. But, I've never fully understood the datalogging thing. Does it log all parameters? Or, just the ones you have up on the display?
Datalogging will only log the parameters that you have selected. In the menu, you can find a huge list of parameters. If get a pro tune, the tuner will tell you which ones to choose.
It's separate from what is shown in the (6) display gauges.

Very curious about the COBB TC option. Is the 2nd gear torque limit needed for the flash tune? I only have a FMIC and RMM for now. If it is I wanna know if the COBB TC would just take care of the torquesteer instead (if any).

TUX15ST

according to the invoice i just paid, it is.[dunno]

i did see that on their site, but the tune version still shows the 2.00/2.1 tune which is the file from april, and i wonder if the crackles you ordered are v1 or v2 crackles, it is possible you got the old version tune and v1 crackles with the cobb tc being the only new feature. They haven't posted on here saying the new update is available which they almost always do right away although i could be wrong but might be worth asking them so you are not disappointed.

grnmachine02

I never had the v1 crackle, I missed that when i ordered their tune the first time around. I'm more concerned about the TC. The 17 year old in me couldn't say no to the crackles, however.

grnmachine02

Very curious about the COBB TC option. Is the 2nd gear torque limit needed for the flash tune? I only have a FMIC and RMM for now. If it is I wanna know if the COBB TC would just take care of the torquesteer instead (if any).
I'm interested in it as well. I don't have a torque steer currently, and very little wheel spin even at 24psi....makes me wonder if i don't have a boost leak

i did see that on their site, but the tune version still shows the 2.00/2.1 tune which is the file from april, and i wonder if the crackles you ordered are v1 or v2 crackles, it is possible you got the old version tune and v1 crackles with the cobb tc being the only new feature. They haven't posted on here saying the new update is available which they almost always do right away although i could be wrong but might be worth asking them so you are not disappointed.
It says it's the new V2 crackle map when you scroll down the page.

I'm interested in it as well. I don't have a torque steer currently, and very little wheel spin even at 24psi....makes me wonder if i don't have a boost leak
I think that's just good tuning. Torque steer on my car with the Strat tune is minimal. I barely notice compared to when the "donkey kick" showed up on the Cobb OTS tune. It's probably still there, but because it comes on smooth instead of violently, I think I just don't notice.

We have a new tune prepared that will more than likely roll out tomorrow. We have updated our site to reference the new tune and every flash tune and Accessport purchased as of this past weekend will receive the new tunes.

We have a new tune prepared that will more than likely roll out tomorrow. We have updated our site to reference the new tune and every flash tune and Accessport purchased as of this past weekend will receive the new tunes.
Purely out of curiosity, and not grumpy at all if it doesn't apply, but where do those of us who recently purchased, and have yet to use the paid for revision fit in?

Purely out of curiosity, and not grumpy at all if it doesn't apply, but where do those of us who recently purchased, and have yet to use the paid for revision fit in?
Please PM me your order number and we can work something out.

order placed for new update [sing]
Thank you sir!

Please PM me your order number and we can work something out.

Thank you sir!
Will do. And for the record, I was truly just curious. I'm already thrilled with how good my car drives with your tune. I have no problem spending a few more bucks if you've got it dialed in even better.