Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

AzNightmare

Here is a video of the Stratified tune vs the Cobb stage 1 OTS tune. Read the description.

https://youtu.be/OobS02xnPcw
From your video description:
93 octane. Everything else stock except for the tune.

I will admit that I accidentally short shifted by maybe 100 or so RPM on the Cobb pull.

Basically the difference between the Cobb Stage 1 93 OTS and the Stratified Flash Tune for 93 is that the Stratified tune feels a lot faster when you aren't going WOT. The Cobb tune gets all of its extra power up top at WOT (4000 RPM). The Stratified tune feels a lot better to drive for me but the Cobb tune is kind of fun because it just gives you a burst of power up top when you floor it. The Stratified tune is more even power delivery.

If you're looking to get a Cobb Accessport for your Fiesta ST, I would recommend buying it from Stratified's website. They will give you their flash tune for free with it. This way you will have both tunes and you can decide for yourself which one you like better.
Do you think using the Cobb tune would be more beneficial if you're going to be doing highway driving?

Based

From your video description:

Do you think using the Cobb tune would be more beneficial if you're going to be doing highway driving?
it might help with MPG a little but I think the difference would be negligible. The stratified tune gives you more power in the lower RPMs than the Cobb tune which helps for passing people on the highway.

it might help with MPG a little but I think the difference would be negligible. The stratified tune gives you more power in the lower RPMs than the Cobb tune which helps for passing people on the highway.
I'd have to disagree. With Cobb the power comes on sooner and harder. The strat tune has a linear power delivery. I think what you're feeling is the improved throttle response on the strat tune over the Cobb maps.

Driveability, strat is above and beyond the Cobb maps.

Based

I'd have to disagree. With Cobb the power comes on sooner and harder. The strat tune has a linear power delivery. I think what you're feeling is the improved throttle response on the strat tune over the Cobb maps.

Driveability, strat is above and beyond the Cobb maps.
You think power comes on sooner on the Cobb map? I don't feel that at all lol. When I switched from the Cobb map to the stratified map yesterday I immediately felt more torque in the lower RPMs even just cruising around not even trying to go fast. The car just feels like it pulls itself on the stratified map. It even surprises me sometimes when I'm just quarter throttling it to pull onto a street and it just goes lol.

You think power comes on sooner on the Cobb map? I don't feel that at all lol. When I switched from the Cobb map to the stratified map yesterday I immediately felt more torque in the lower RPMs even just cruising around not even trying to go fast. The car just feels like it pulls itself on the stratified map. It even surprises me sometimes when I'm just quarter throttling it to pull onto a street and it just goes lol.
It's fact. Take some logs. What you're feeling is throttle response.

Based

It's fact. Take some logs. What you're feeling is throttle response.
Oh ok.

I still don't like the throttle response of the car in general... I think it's just because it's an electronic throttle and not an actual throttle cable. Like when I floor it there is about 3/4 of a second where yes the car gets louder but the RPMs don't change at all. Idk if there is a way to improve this.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Oh ok.

I still don't like the throttle response of the car in general... I think it's just because it's an electronic throttle and not an actual throttle cable. Like when I floor it there is about 3/4 of a second where yes the car gets louder but the RPMs don't change at all. Idk if there is a way to improve this.
I thought that EVERY tune improves this, even the OTS/canned/flash variety, or does one have to get a custom tune and ASK specifically for the max throttle response improvement possible in order to accomplish this?? [dunno]

Based

I thought that EVERY tune improves this, even the OTS/canned/flash variety, or does one have to get a custom tune and ASK specifically for the max throttle response improvement possible in order to accomplish this?? [dunno]
You're guess is as good as mine. It might not even be possible to have an electrical throttle, or drive by wire, be as responsive as a mechanical throttle cable/butterfly valve. Or hey it might even just be me being OCD.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
A mechanical cable would be almost impossible to do (smoothly, at least) with our car's engine configuration.

With it flipped (exhaust/turbo to the front, intake/TB to the back) it would be relatively easy/smooth in operation.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Well, keep up on that development, as I AM going to get either your flash tune, or pro tune in the near future! [wink]
Maybe even the flash tune first, followed by a full on pro tune, after a CP-E IC install. [thumb]

If we bought a flash tune with the pops and crackles, will we have to upgrade when v2 is released, or will we be able to download a new one?

TUX15ST

You will have to upgrade for $25, id imagine it will be a new version update along with the v2 crackles so it should be well worth it but i could be wrong lol