Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
The exhaust crackles make me giggle...uncontrollably.

Reminds me a lot of some of the local Subies here that are modified. Sounds great with the FSWerks exhaust, I'll snap a clip tomorrow.

Oh it is LOUD even from the drivers seat it's loud, I'm for sure getting looks when I hit the downshift perfectly, it's not as loud as a true ALS system, but it has a very similar sound. I'll try and get some videos recorded this weekend
I can back this up, with the Cobb exhaust as an example. Of course it's not as loud as a straight piped rally car with an ALS, but it's loud enough that I'm very glad I also bought the non-crackle tune for when I want to act like a grown up. I'm still learning it, but there's a certain RPM where it backfires loud enough to wake the neighborhood.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I can back this up, with the Cobb exhaust as an example. Of course it's not as loud as a straight piped rally car with an ALS, but it's loud enough that I'm very glad I also bought the non-crackle tune for when I want to act like a grown up. I'm still learning it, but there's a certain RPM where it backfires loud enough to wake the neighborhood.

Tip: try taping the gas ever so slightly when in gear (obviously) and you can thank me later

Tip: try taping the gas ever so slightly when in gear (obviously) and you can thank me later
Found that fun little bit last night when I had a cop behind me... At least with my car, the full on "oh crap did I just blow up my cat?!?" canon shot seems to come when you're slowing down in 5th at around 2500 RPM's and drop to 4th without bothering to rev match. That turned heads for a block in every direction.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Found that fun little bit last night when I had a cop behind me... At least with my car, the full on "oh crap did I just blow up my cat?!?" canon shot seems to come when you're slowing down in 5th at around 2500 RPM's and drop to 4th without bothering to rev match. That turned heads for a block in every direction.
Grown man shenanigans!
One must always rev match on downshifts[bootyshake]

Bluedrank

So what's the official response on whether or not the v2 crackles can damage the stock cat or exhaust?

Also, anyone got a sound sample?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ironically, even though they have pretty severe ALS systems on them all of the WRC cars must run catcons.

I guess they are just changing them out very frequently?

Also, I am not positive on this, but I believe that they are only allowed one turbo change per event. [dunno] (Must be SUPER strong exhaust side housings/wheels/blades on those hairdryers!!)

Finally got to try new tune out. Exhaust pop much louder than v1. Stock muffler, catless downpipe and resonator delete. Makes me want to chop the muffler off now lol...how loud is this car straight piped?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Makes me want to chop the muffler off now lol...how loud is this car straight piped?
IF you like the prospect of major hearing loss, and permanent tinnitus, this sounds like a good idea. [nono]

BESIDES the chance of attracting every LEO (Law Enforcement Officer) within ten miles of where you are driving, every time you start it up.

Based

Who here got the new flash tune? How is it? Worth it?

I'm thinking about getting the new tune, one with crackles and cobb tc and one without, but idk how I will like the cobb tc. Anyone use it yet?

IF you like the prospect of major hearing loss, and permanent tinnitus, this sounds like a good idea. [nono]

BESIDES the chance of attracting every LEO (Law Enforcement Officer) within ten miles of where you are driving, every time you start it up.
That loud eh? Damn...

Isn't the mbrp no muffler just resonator?

Haha just flashed the V3 tune with the pops as well. Uncontrollable laughter is a good way to describe it.
That being said, with my exhaust I don't see the need to turn off the feature as it's just burbles when I'm not hooning it.
If you floor it and let off then it definitely sounds like fireworks, will definitely get you some unwanted/wanted attention

The Cobb Traction control is fantastic, car still torque steers but with traction fully on the car feels very grippy, almost like launch control on a supercar.

I find the gas pedal is a bit too responsive at part throttle but just takes some getting used to. I'm rarely using more than 15% throttle as a result.

One negative I felt with this new tune is that the engine doesn't seem as smooth under deceleration/lift while in gear. Those crackles and pops can be felt through the shifter surprisingly.
Furthermore, THE SMELL! I've been running 3" catless for 2 years now but man with this new tune the car smells more like a gas station than ever before.
If I leave my windows down at a stop light it smells like a boat...

Car pulls well and I've yet to come across any negative timing adjustments (unlike OTS)

I already switched to the tc only map. Pops was fun but a full day of driving the novelty wore off and my gf said it was too rice. Tc definitely works. It does feel more gripped

Oh man, you guys are getting me excited to receive my crackle and pop tune! I ran the original version of it when it first came out but didn't notice much of a difference. So glad to hear this one is more pronounced. Anyone know what changed to make it so different?

Bluedrank

So does everyone get the same power tune, or do they make adjustments based on what supporting mods you've got? I have so many unanswered questions lol.

If you go to their website, they will tell you that the V2.00 Tune will accommodate power increase for all levels of modifications. So, the V3.00 Tune is more fine tuning of that, as well as, the TC and V2 PnC options. Of course you can get further tuning via Protune with Strat for your particular car, altitude, mods.

So does everyone get the same power tune, or do they make adjustments based on what supporting mods you've got? I have so many unanswered questions lol.