Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified rocks! e30 is awesome

Trader history for HBEcoBeaST (0)

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #21
Stratified's is a bit better implementation than Cobb's tc but it's the same underlying concept. I doubt you'll be happy with it.

I find Cobb to be an improvement over ford's tc (at least if you set it 5+) and stratified a bit smoother than Cobb. It's still obvious when it engages but it's more of a hesitation or stumble where Ford throws you flat on your face.
I appreciate the feedback from everyone. Electronic Traction control is kind of like a rev limiter. You ask the car to do something, you hit a certain threshold and it simply refuses your request. In a supercar that technology is MUCH more complicated and does far more than pull power. But in a FiST it's a band aid at best. Just my opinion for my driving style.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I appreciate the feedback from everyone. Electronic Traction control is kind of like a rev limiter. You ask the car to do something, you hit a certain threshold and it simply refuses your request. In a supercar that technology is MUCH more complicated and does far more than pull power. But in a FiST it's a band aid at best. Just my opinion for my driving style.

Reading this thread has renewed my curiosity in the Stratified TC. I added it to my tune about a year ago to try it out, but I haven't turned it on since then.

In warm climate with summer tires, I really don't see the point of it as I prefer to run without any form of TC.

Now that it's winter (usually below 0C ambient temperature), I find that the Stratified TC compensates for the sharp throttle response of the tune and helps me smoothen out my throttle inputs, especially in the snow.

I found that setting the TC at 4 still allows some wheelspin while allowing me to modulate the throttle effectively.

I had asked Stratified to set the TC default to "off" when I turn on the car so I can enable it only when I want it.

I'm actually kind of curious now about how it would perform at autocross, I'll definitely try it out on a few runs next year.

Reading this thread has renewed my curiosity in the Stratified TC. I added it to my tune about a year ago to try it out, but I haven't turned it on since then.

In warm climate with summer tires, I really don't see the point of it as I prefer to run without any form of TC.

Now that it's winter (usually below 0C ambient temperature), I find that the Stratified TC compensates for the sharp throttle response of the tune and helps me smoothen out my throttle inputs, especially in the snow.

I found that setting the TC at 4 still allows some wheelspin while allowing me to modulate the throttle effectively.

I had asked Stratified to set the TC default to "off" when I turn on the car so I can enable it only when I want it.

I'm actually kind of curious now about how it would perform at autocross, I'll definitely try it out on a few runs next year.

Come spring time I plan on seeing how I do at the drag strip with the Cobb TC on vs. no TC at all. I'm curious to see if any improvement could be had with slight traction control intervention.

I'd also like to try my luck at autocross but I have much more experience in straight line racing that would be a much better control for me.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #24
I think the stratified TC would help with autocross but not so much drag times given the driver's ability. Even launch control really won't improve your times vs just driving the car right.

Still interested to see your results for both auto-x and drag.