Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified rocks! e30 is awesome

Trader history for HBEcoBeaST (0)

HBEcoBeaST

Got to load my e30 tune on my stock (rmm, k&n air filter) car. I've been driving around on the stage 1 91oct Cobb tune and was pretty unimpressed. I had been running about e20 on the stock tune and honestly that felt more powerful than Cobb's 91 Oct OTS map.

Safe to say Stratified s e30 tune is nuts. 1st and 2nd there's way more power than traction. Even 3rd can get interesting. The power is awesome. I'm honestly staying stage 1 until I can get better tires and some chasis bracing. My car easily out runs stock FoSTs and stage 3 FiSTs on 91oct (well my buddy's with IC, air filter, turboback, Cobb ots map).

Stratified is also an excellent company to deal with. Answered all my annoying and impatient emails promptly and professionally. I got everything when they said I would.

Super stoked! Thanks Stratified!

Just wish you guys sent me some stickers!!! [emoji39]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #5
Gotcha. It might make 1st and 2nd gear more useful to have it. Last I checked it was a $10 add-on.
I typically don't like any form of electronic TC(haven't tried Stratifieds but Ferrari has the only TC to date I didn't notice). I'd rather just modulate with my feet since I'm used to driving 'touchy' cars. I have a 500hp (supercharger, headers, cams, 75shot nitrous) Toyota tundra truck with NO weight over the rear tires. It's a blast except when it rains. Then it becomes exciting in a different way...

Maybe I worded it wrong I'm not complaining, just explaining the power. The e30 STune makes the car turn into a beast that you actually have to watch throttle input in lower gears when hooning around. Definitely driveable day in and day out. Makes the car exciting all over again.

I'd personally rather chase physical traction with better tire/wheel set up, chasis bracing and LSD than pulling power. Keep in mind my car came with cheapy imove gen 2 AS tires so they are definitely the weak point in my set up. I'm deciding on lightweight 16" set up at the moment. Compromising between price. weight, tread life, handling and looks.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I typically don't like any form of electronic TC(haven't tried Stratifieds but Ferrari has the only TC to date I didn't notice). I'd rather just modulate with my feet since I'm used to driving 'touchy' cars. I have a 500hp (supercharger, headers, cams, 75shot nitrous) Toyota tundra truck with NO weight over the rear tires. It's a blast except when it rains. Then it becomes exciting in a different way...

Maybe I worded it wrong I'm not complaining, just explaining the power. The e30 STune makes the car turn into a beast that you actually have to watch throttle input in lower gears when hooning around. Definitely driveable day in and day out. Makes the car exciting all over again.

I'd personally rather chase physical traction with better tire/wheel set up, chasis bracing and LSD than pulling power. Keep in mind my car came with cheapy imove gen 2 AS tires so they are definitely the weak point in my set up. I'm deciding on lightweight 16" set up at the moment. Compromising between price. weight, tread life, handling and looks.

You’re a purist; I dig it.

Yeah, you need better tires!

One thing I've noticed after driving the stratified e30 map for a few months now is that while it does produce more power, i think a lot of this feeling comes from a remapped throttle positioning sensor. It feel like WOT at maybe 15% pedal depression. So.. you lose a lot of accelerator pedal modulation! I was significantly slower in my last autox because the e30 tune did 3 things, removed my throttle modulation (even though i opted out of "aggressive throttle" option, i got a launch control setup which if used just results in tirespin, and of course the fact that the added power without the ability to modulate really pushes the car around corners, understeering from tirespin quite easily.

Overall, i love the tune for street. But it takes some of the finesse required to be competitive

I love the ign timing based traction control ( any tuner can do this btw ). I totally understand you want to drive the car (
Me too !!). But after a couple sets of tires being replaced at 8-15k miles, I started using more sticky tires with ign timing based traction control and my tire wear is incredibly better. So I can run a better tire with more lateral and braking grip, but they actually last longer than my harder tires without traction control. I do miss the fun of 30mph burn outs, lol. Plus, on the street, I enjoy a margin of error the traction control can offer.

I’ll say this too, the COBB based ign timing traction control is light years smoother than the oem throttle/brakes based traction control. If I left both TC forms on, I could leave the toll plaza’s in the rain, in 3rd gear, and go WOT at 2300rpm and the car would pull to 70mph so smooth with traction, that I called it the “AWD fiesta” for a while.

One more thing. The COBB based traction control is adjustable WITHOUT a re-flash. I think it has a scale of 1-8. I left mine turned all the way up to save tires ( 300whp ), but you can prob turn it down so much, that you can’t feel it.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #9
I do feel a little bit of throttle modulation lost in 1st. You can really tell when the turbo comes on. I believe the car 'pushing' comes from the massive torque down low. I didn't see the throttle setting in the tuner form so I'm not sure what setting I chose. I don't drive around with my AP connected due to bored cops so I haven't messed with the built in TC. I NEVER drive without turning the Ford TC off, it makes the turning so much smoother. The blinky traction light bothers me lol.

You guys running any chasis mods? I really don't want to lose the 'rally car' feel. When I get wheelspin I can let off and it's over. My truck there is a few second delay between throttle lift and the tires to stop spinning [emoji16]

Can I use the Cobb TC with the stratified tune? I will give it a shot.

I like my stratified tune and while the traction control is way better than stock it's still probably not something you'll enjoy, when I get a new tune I'll definitely be going without.

It's more of a "where'd my power go" like I'm 2 gears higher than I should be than the "completely unbalancing itself and removing my ability to correct" that Ford thought was helpful.

Yea, other than wet roads, I always kill the oem TC
The Cobb TC, you can turn down to it’s lowest setting, and it’s pretty much not possiable to tell it’s even on.
You will need to have straified turn it on.

I have race tuner, but I can’t do anything with it myself, I have to have a paid tuner turn it on :(

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #13
I'm in here for info on that Tundra
Trd supercharger (rebuilt), lexus rods and pistons, Crower cams, ported heads, Gibson headers and exhaust, modified intake. Nitrous express 75shot activated by a WOT sensor. LSD from a TRD tundra. Re valved trans. It was previously set up for drag racing and I used 500lb of cast iron over the back axles for traction and it was lowered on coils.

Currently I restored it back to mostly stock height (Bilstein 7100) and off-road tires. I had planned on doing a long travel kit on it for the desert.

Embarrassing to say I recently did the timing belt/water pump and my idle isn't right. If I don't have the AC on it idles too low and isn't making power properly. Literally the first time it's given me issues. I don't go to the desert anymore and the FiST is just so damn fun to drive. Contemplating selling the truck tbh. 218,000 miles on it. It's had a good life.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #15
Not on here. I was semi active on Tundrasolutions back in the day. I've had the truck since highschool (10+years ago) and it became my 'project car' when I got secondary vehicles. I didn't post/deleted all the mods due to a friend's shot at joining CHP almost ruined by running high flow cats on his mustang.

The older Tundras were super easy to work on(things make sense, plenty of room, nothing complicated) and mostly bulletproof. I put a competition audio system in it, took it out, reinstalled, lowered it, lifted it, supercharged it, reverted back to mostly stock (inspection), re-modded, etc.

Trucks been through a lot and lived to drive another day. Broken into twice. Rear ended twice. Hit and run on the side of it. Done a lot of drag runs. Towed motorcycles to the desert. Girlfriends. Tailgaiting. Jeeze now I'm all nostalgic....

I am sure my FiST will bring me just as many fond memories.

This commercial speaks to me

https://youtu.be/EyO9FAOgXw0

I have Cobb TC turned on in my PD tune and I honestly love it for what it is. After a few pulls I was able to find a number that let the tires slip just enough in 2nd gear to keep me right on the edge where I like it. It's very unobtrusive and you can always hold that traction control button and turn it off if you want to light up the tires.

This is 2017 and a proper traction control system will net better track times than having none at all, especially in an FWD platform. I'm not saying that the OTS Cobb traction control is the end all be all, but coming from my 600whp FWD MS3 (no traction control w/ LSD + r comp tires), If I can have the computer control my slip using timing and help me put the power down more effectively, I'm all for it.

Hey guys, got a question.
I'm running the Strat 93 tune, with TC.
If I don't disable the factory TC, are both TC's active at the same time or does one over-ride the other?
I usually just leave the factory TC on unless I plan on hooning/hard pulls.
As an aside, the car goes like hell with this tune. Can only imagine what e30 would be like. Almost too much to control?

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #18
I have Cobb TC turned on in my PD tune and I honestly love it for what it is. After a few pulls I was able to find a number that let the tires slip just enough in 2nd gear to keep me right on the edge where I like it. It's very unobtrusive and you can always hold that traction control button and turn it off if you want to light up the tires.

This is 2017 and a proper traction control system will net better track times than having none at all, especially in an FWD platform. I'm not saying that the OTS Cobb traction control is the end all be all, but coming from my 600whp FWD MS3 (no traction control w/ LSD + r comp tires), If I can have the computer control my slip using timing and help me put the power down more effectively, I'm all for it.
I have to get Stratifieds TC when I go stage 3 in January. I am frustrated by Cobb's TC. Power, then a 'no power wtf' moment. Almost as bad as the Ford. I find myself flooring it by instinct when it cuts power. Very unnatural. I've only tried the Cobb TC with the 91 ots map and even then it was constantly intruding.

Personally I am not chasing autocross times. I like hooning around town and prefer a little rawness. I don't like the neutered feeling of electronic TC. I'm positive it's faster but come on, we bought FiSTs for fun not to be THE FASTEST.

I'm getting a 4 point chasis brace and rear torsion bar soon. The 4 point is really supposed to help traction. I will see where that gets me, then comes tires/rims, then LSD.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #19
Hey guys, got a question.
I'm running the Strat 93 tune, with TC.
If I don't disable the factory TC, are both TC's active at the same time or does one over-ride the other?
I usually just leave the factory TC on unless I plan on hooning/hard pulls.
As an aside, the car goes like hell with this tune. Can only imagine what e30 would be like. Almost too much to control?
Both are on. Ford's TC is a different system than any AP traction control.

After running the car a bit my e30 tune is smoothing out. I'm not sure if it's the ecu learning or me getting used to it, but the power delivery is much more linear now. Yea you can't floor it in 2nd while turning but you're not supposed to do that anyways.

I have to get Stratifieds TC when I go stage 3 in January. I am frustrated by Cobb's TC. Power, then a 'no power wtf' moment. Almost as bad as the Ford. I find myself flooring it by instinct when it cuts power. Very unnatural.

Personally I am not chasing autocross times. I like hooning around town and prefer a little rawness. I don't like the neutered feeling of electronic TC. I'm positive it's faster but come on, we bought FiSTs for fun not to be THE FASTEST.

Stratified's is a bit better implementation than Cobb's tc but it's the same underlying concept. I doubt you'll be happy with it.

I find Cobb to be an improvement over ford's tc (at least if you set it 5+) and stratified a bit smoother than Cobb. It's still obvious when it engages but it's more of a hesitation or stumble where Ford throws you flat on your face.