Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stumble under partial/ full load in wet weather only.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
What other hoses other than the piping? Only other ones i know are vaccum lines and the feed/drain lines for the turbo.

No friggen idea. I have to email tasca and get on their case.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
Converted to a bov, its an hks ssqv on the cold side pipe now, and the factory port is blocked off correctly with the supplied plate, i also have the turbosmart cel defender so i dont get codes for having the mechanical bov.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
There are Boost hoses that connect to the Hotside pipe to the CAC then the Cold side pipe to the CAC.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would inspect all that wiring just to see if any has come in contact with heat...got nicked and the insulation is open since its been moved around.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Those were replaced when i put the cpe piping in. Its all 2.5 inch aluminum and silicon couplers now. They are all tight with no leaks.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
Its all wrapped in the aluminum shielding from factory and hasnt had any contact with the turbo.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mine was also for my Boost sensor wiring ...but I found it had some nicks in the insulation. I had to buy a new harness for the boost solenoid. id check that wiring and inspect it carefully...as if it gets wet it could present an issue with boost and acceleration.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
The boost doesnt really jump around if im remembering right. Also wouldnt that cause issues when wet or dry?. Ive been super careful when working in the area to not disturb a lot of the wiring in that spot.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The boost doesn't really jump around if I'm remembering right. Also wouldn't that cause issues when wet or dry?. I've been super careful when working in the area to not disturb a lot of the wiring in that spot.
If its dry both wires are separated with insulation from each other, thus not having any issues when dry....but throw some road spray down in there and wham....electricity and water do not agree with each other and cause an interruption.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
How much was that pigtail? im not really enthusiastic about anything fixing this car anymore.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
I gotta look under the dumb thing some time this week or the weekend. Honestly if i cant solve it idk what im gonna do. As it is i keep looking at vw. But i dont want a car laon for a couple years after this one is paid for.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The price has gone up..it is like $18 now on rock auto..I just looked and amazon is like $25...eBay has it for $14

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I gotta look under the dumb thing some time this week or the weekend. Honestly if I cant solve it idk what I'm gonna do. As it is i keep looking at vw. But i don't want a car loan for a couple years after this one is paid for.
I agree! We can figure this out...others will also chime I'm from previous Exp. today! Us night owls are a different breed!

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
This is true. its an annoying thing being under the car every other weekend instead of enjoying it. Especially when its keeping me from saving money for other life stuff.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is true. its an annoying thing being under the car every other weekend instead of enjoying it. Especially when its keeping me from saving money for other life stuff.
But when you do figure it all out the sense of accomplishment is like no other! If your Evap canister doesn't show call a local dealer and see if they will price match it to obtain it sooner.....Some do some wont! Its always worth a shot! I've done it!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Oh....I was gonna tell ya ...since you have a BOV instead of a BPV see if your tuner can turn it off instead of relying on the Trickery sensor. Who knows...maybe that's the issue!

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
id have to file a claim with paypal to get my 71 bucks back from tasca. I think ford has the same supply problem with the evap canister. Not suprised seeing as every new ford comes with faulty emissions equipment that crushes the fuel tank.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
It did this before i picked up the simulator plug over this last winter.