Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stuttering Exhaust Noise

JerrySwags

Hi, I'm new here and have a 2014 Fiesta ST.

Recently, my fiesta has been making a weird pulsing noise when going over 3k RPM and it settles down after a bit. It kind of sounds like it is struggling to get power or something. See video in the comments.

It also is reading codes on the AP: P0035 & P013A. I would appreciate any advice on the matter and tips on how to resolve, Thanks you!!

~Jerry

Any modifications? Codes point to your BPV being stuck or otherwise functioning oddly and I'm guessing your O2 sensor picking up abnormalities downstream since that code is for slow response. Definitely doesn't sound good so I wouldn't push it until inspecting that bypass valve / blow off valve. Check connection and that the wiring is healthy I guess, but ideally you'd have another part you could swap in.

Just searching keywords and it doesn't seem uncommon for the BPV going bad to cause everything to run overly rich and ultimately foul the 02 sensor. Sounds like replacing both of those components is the direction you want to go. Others may chime in with more options though! Lots of good troubleshooting minds here that know more than me.