Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sub install - Will it work?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I am designing a sub enclosure that I think will possibly fit under the rear floor. For components:

Audio control LC2i pulling from front speaker(s) (thinking about turning off sony processing, but if I do not less distortion on the fronts)
JL Audio 10TW3-D4
JL Audio XD 600/1v2

Below are some sketches I made along with my measurements of available space. Assuming .625" thick material, 1/4" from inside floor to bottom of speaker, top mounted with no recess into the top board.

Do you all think this is feasible? I am a novice in this sort of thing.
Measure.png

Iso wout hole.png

Front.png

Iso w hole.png

Top View.png

Last edited:
It's not letting me see your attachments , but I've had custom enclosures built for a lot of subs. And from what I've been told is that you have to have so much space behind the sub for it to work properly.

It will work. Take a look at what this forum member did not too long ago:
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/diy-stealth-box-system.21624/

While I see the appeal, I just don't think it will sound as good as a down facing shallow mount box or even a 6 1/2" Bazooka tube; both of which don't take up much room and can be relocated in a matter of seconds.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
too much math on that note pad...it's making my head hurt. "Damnit Jim, I'm a wordsmith, not a mathematician."

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #6
too much math on that note pad...it's making my head hurt. "Damnit Jim, I'm a wordsmith, not a mathematician."
LOL. Have a friend in another state with a kid who needed math help. Was helping him out with problems thru Skype. I barely remember that kind of math from 25 years ago, had to figure it out from screen shots of his math book.