Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Subwoofer setup questions

Hi, I'm in the process of installing a subwoofer to my car this week, and had a few questions / ideas.

First of all, I was wondering what locations people have used for their amplifiers. (Pictures would be awesome if you have em!)

I have an L2CI Pro, and a Down4Sound JP 23 amplifier, the amp is quite large and long so I'm trying to think of ideas on where to put it.
I was thinking of maybe mounting it to the back seat, on the backrest so it's easily adjustable and "out of the way" for the most part. Or maybe putting it down by the spare tire well, and making some sort of hinge system for the spare tire cover, so the sub can be on the cover still, and open one side to get to the amp etc.

I'm using 0 Gauge wire as well from the battery to the amp, and was planning on using the hole for the symposer tube to run thru the firewall, since it's close to the kick panel to hide wires in, this should work if I pull the symposer tube out.

Thanks in advance.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
That's a beast of an amp. You're gonna have some bump in the trunk for sure.

I have a small JL 500W under my passenger seat, but it barely fits so I doubt your monster will work there.

Symposer hole works, that's where my wiring is ran through the firewall then through the passenger footwell and down the passenger side kick plate (sub is a tiny 8" under the false floor).

As long as you're confident it's all water tight I'd stick the amp under the false floor. As long as you have a bass knob, you'll never need to mess with the amp. PS don't put your knob on the underside of the steering column. I whack it with my knee every time I get in the car and that shit hurts.

OP
L
Thread Starter #3
That's a beast of an amp. You're gonna have some bump in the trunk for sure.

I have a small JL 500W under my passenger seat, but it barely fits so I doubt your monster will work there.

Symposer hole works, that's where my wiring is ran through the firewall then through the passenger footwell and down the passenger side kick plate (sub is a tiny 8" under the false floor).

As long as you're confident it's all water tight I'd stick the amp under the false floor. As long as you have a bass knob, you'll never need to mess with the amp. PS don't put your knob on the underside of the steering column. I whack it with my knee every time I get in the car and that shit hurts.
I'm glad the symposer hole works, I wouldn't mind putting it on like an elevated platform mounted to the hatch floor, I sound deadened everything back there already as well.

I wouldn't mind mounting it to the underside of the false floor, but the subwoofer is like 90 pounds with box, and I worry it'll be a pain to tune the amp the first time to get it set up and everything without taking the sub in/out.

I'm using a big ported 1 cubic ft box tuned to 35 hz, and a Sundown SA-V2 10" rated for 1000w rms, it should pound real good lol. I'm worried I may need a bigger battery or upgraded alternator, but I'll cross that road when I get to it lol.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I'm glad the symposer hole works, I wouldn't mind putting it on like an elevated platform mounted to the hatch floor, I sound deadened everything back there already as well.

I wouldn't mind mounting it to the underside of the false floor, but the subwoofer is like 90 pounds with box, and I worry it'll be a pain to tune the amp the first time to get it set up and everything without taking the sub in/out.

I'm using a big ported 1 cubic ft box tuned to 35 hz, and a Sundown SA-V2 10" rated for 1000w rms, it should pound real good lol. I'm worried I may need a bigger battery or upgraded alternator, but I'll cross that road when I get to it lol.
Man that’s going to be awesome haha. I wouldn’t mount it to the underside of the false floor. Maybe build a small platform you can paint and insulate. Screw it down with some L brackets and make sure it’s leak proof. Should be good to go then

OP
L
Thread Starter #5
Man that’s going to be awesome haha. I wouldn’t mount it to the underside of the false floor. Maybe build a small platform you can paint and insulate. Screw it down with some L brackets and make sure it’s leak proof. Should be good to go then
My fiancé has an old family friend that's been an audio installer for ages, he helped me plan some stuff out last night and said he'd help me install on Sunday.

He's going to wire everything up and get everything working, install the big 3 upgrade etc, and then leave the amp un-mounted so I can mount it to the seat.
There's just enough room between the sub box and seat that I can mount it to the seat no problems.

I can't wait lol!

dhminer

2000 Post Club
My fiancé has an old family friend that's been an audio installer for ages, he helped me plan some stuff out last night and said he'd help me install on Sunday.

He's going to wire everything up and get everything working, install the big 3 upgrade etc, and then leave the amp un-mounted so I can mount it to the seat.
There's just enough room between the sub box and seat that I can mount it to the seat no problems.

I can't wait lol!
That will be perfect. Post some pics when it’s all sorted. And maybe a video of how bad your rear and side view mirrors shake lol. My sides shake a bit and my 8” is only running 250w in a super shallow closed box.

Give this song a try to test the setup. It’s an odd frequency. If it sounds good, basically everything will. Plus it’s a great song
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cpJ5gHclCiE

OP
L
Thread Starter #7
That will be perfect. Post some pics when it’s all sorted. And maybe a video of how bad your rear and side view mirrors shake lol. My sides shake a bit and my 8” is only running 250w in a super shallow closed box.

Give this song a try to test the setup. It’s an odd frequency. If it sounds good, basically everything will. Plus it’s a great song
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cpJ5gHclCiE

Got FB? DM me your info, I'll send you a bunch in messenger if you want on Sunday after we get home from the install & beach trip!