Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Summer Tires - help me decide?

OP
FiSTY
Thread Starter #21
I’ve been looking at these for my next summer set of tires. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like they come in a size that fits with 17” rims. 225/40/17 is the “smallest” I’ve found and that seems to be just a little too large from what I’ve read.
I'm a little nervous about wrapping my 16x7 in 215's. Stock was 205, right? Feel like that might invite a little body roll.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I’ve been looking at these for my next summer set of tires. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like they come in a size that fits with 17” rims. 225/40/17 is the “smallest” I’ve found and that seems to be just a little too large from what I’ve read.
They may actually work without rubbing (at factory ride height at least [wink]), since those Conti-Hoosiers tend to run quite narrow in tread width as compared to other 200 tread wear stickies.

I'm a little nervous about wrapping my 16x7 in 215's. Stock was 205, right? Feel like that might invite a little body roll.

We have 215/45-16 on 7" wheels.
I don't think that this is optimum, but it is absolutely fine in the duty cycle this car sees and expect it to be of no concern whatsoever to anyone not chasing tenths.