Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Swapping Recaros into a non OEM Recaro FiST

Hey guys,

So I found a set of MO Fiesta ST Recaros on eBay for basically half of what they cost from the factory (rear seat too). From the research I've done, it looks like the internal structure and mounting of the seat is identical to the base seats. I'm not worried about getting them installed, but it would be great if I could get the heaters to work! Does anyone have any information on whether the harness is pre-installed to all cars? Would it just be a matter of purchasing the dash switches? Maybe a relay?

If anyone has any experience or input surrounding this topic it would be much appreciated!!

So you're the jerk that bought the seats I've been keeping an eye on

Yea, I wanted to make a move on them, but no funds for them at the moment. Back to watching for another set :(

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #6
Just for the record if anyone is looking to do this in the future...

The heated seat wiring is NOT in Non-Recaro FiSTs. Not at the seat or behind the switches. It would take quite a bit of work to get the seat heaters up and running. More work then I'm willing to do. I also live in California and its 60-70 degrees year round, so I would rarely use them away.

Wiring up the heated seats would not be difficult. You basically just have to install a switch, tap into a 12v when key is on source (the radio is right there hint hint), and give it a ground.

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #8
Yeah it could be done that way fairly easy that way. Not really my style though. If I were to hook them up, I'd want it to be OEM fit and finish.

Also, as I recall the seats heat up and when they get to a certain temp they shut down for a while, then kick back on. That function wouldn't work if you just give it 12v.

me32

1000 Post Club
Yeah it could be done that way fairly easy that way. Not really my style though. If I were to hook them up, I'd want it to be OEM fit and finish.

Also, as I recall the seats heat up and when they get to a certain temp they shut down for a while, then kick back on. That function wouldn't work if you just give it 12v.
You are correct

TW@

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for them? Spool tuning had the focus st recaros on sale for $999.99 just for the front seat. I was thinking of getting them but wasn't sure if they would fit on the fiesta, they look pretty much identical.

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #11
Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for them? Spool tuning had the focus st recaros on sale for $999.99 just for the front seat. I was thinking of getting them but wasn't sure if they would fit on the fiesta, they look pretty much identical.
I got the fronts for $899. FoST Recaros have been done in a Fiesta, but it requires swapping the bases off of your stock seats. Also, as mentioned above, hooking up the heated seats isn't plug and play.