Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SWAVE Summit Chassis Handling Products available in the USA @ whoosh

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ronmcdon

Note tried having 6pt tunnel brace thrown on this past weekend at my mechanic and could not get it to fit with my Thermal exhaust w/ 3" diameter piping. Called up Ron and he says it does fit his 2.75" piping Miltek. Also fits fine with stock exhaust.

Just something to consider. Could be my mechanic missed something or maybe it could work with some fabrication done.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...-to-chassis-6-point-brace-2014-2019-fiesta-st

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Note tried having 6pt tunnel brace thrown on this past weekend at my mechanic and could not get it to fit with my Thermal exhaust w/ 3" diameter piping. Called up Ron and he says it does fit his 2.75" piping Miltek. Also fits fine with stock exhaust.

Just something to consider. Could be my mechanic missed something or maybe it could work with some fabrication done.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...-to-chassis-6-point-brace-2014-2019-fiesta-st
What exhaust mounts are you using? Factory or poly?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

ronmcdon

oh using the poly mounts provided by Whoosh. my exhaust is the whoosh spec thermal r&d to be specific

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Is the consensus that the Front Lower 4 point Subframe Brace is the biggest bang for the buck? Any other braces worth picking up and if so why? Running a full 3" exhaust if that matters.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #125
The Thermal exhaust is designed differently than most if not all others. It includes a deeper style aluminum crossmember that is not going to play nice with Swave braces for the crossmember section

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #126
Is the consensus that the Front Lower 4 point Subframe Brace is the biggest bang for the buck? Any other braces worth picking up and if so why? Running a full 3" exhaust if that matters.
we just received the 4th stock order from swave
the 4 pt is the most popular and would make the largest noticable difference
I like the rear trunk bar and rear beam brace too as a compiment to the front cxhassis improvement

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
we just received the 4th stock order from swave
the 4 pt is the most popular and would make the largest noticable difference
I like the rear trunk bar and rear beam brace too as a compiment to the front cxhassis improvement
Ordered 4pt and rear beam brace. Thanks!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Thermal exhaust is designed differently than most if not all others. It includes a deeper style aluminum crossmember that is not going to play nice with Swave braces for the crossmember section
Jabbit is running an MBRP exhaust, so he does not have to worry about the deep Thermal mid-brace interference.

I, on the other hand am using that Thermal brace (on a CP-E system), and a Skid Plate Guys plate in front, so the only maybe possible front brace that could fit for me is the almost bar stock flat DNA piece. [:(]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #131
anyone ready to try the titanium exhaust?
if pruchased I'll throw in free poly hangers and a free Swave trunk bar

message me with interest ;)

I am trying to install the 2 point brace on my rear axle, S&S provides no assembly instructions and I can’t find anything online about bolt/but orientation and it comes with two nuts per bolt which I assume lock each other in place. However, if I just install the bolt through the rear axle, only a very small surface area would be taking that contact patch of the bolt to the axle, I think I should add a washer? Which was not provided. I assume the nuts should be installed inside the bracing mount points and the bolt should go down through the axle.

Anyone have any insight or thoughts on this? Seems like a washer was really called for here but was not provided with the bracing.