Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3 - 3.4 & Android Auto Issue - Need Help

Recently updated my sync 3 to 3.4 and this morning, Android Auto showed up for the first time this morning, but after about 20 seconds, it no longer showed up and I don't have Android auto navigation. Just wondering if I need to try a new cable or if there is some underlying issue with Android Auto.

Every now and again, during the 20 seconds of of Android auto, I would receive an error saying "USB hub not recognized" or "USB not recognized"

Using a USB 3.0 cable for my pixel 7 pro, the hook up is USB to USB-c.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or troubleshooting tips

Attachments

Recently updated my sync 3 to 3.4 and this morning, Android Auto showed up for the first time this morning, but after about 20 seconds, it no longer showed up and I don't have Android auto navigation. Just wondering if I need to try a new cable or if there is some underlying issue with Android Auto.

Every now and again, during the 20 seconds of of Android auto, I would receive an error saying "USB hub not recognized" or "USB not recognized"

Using a USB 3.0 cable for my pixel 7 pro, the hook up is USB to USB-c.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or troubleshooting tips
Not sure if this is the cause, but it has given me issues in the past regarding intermittent connection issues. It might be worth checking the USB-C port on your phone to make sure it is not full of pocket lint to see if that is preventing a proper connection since you are saying that it is intermittent.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Not sure if this is the cause, but it has given me issues in the past regarding intermittent connection issues. It might be worth checking the USB-C port on your phone to make sure it is not full of pocket lint to see if that is preventing a proper connection since you are saying that it is intermittent.
And just bc the cable worked with your pixel, don't assume it will with the android. I have experienced an issue in the past and a shorter, high quality cable resolved it. 3-4ft is preferred, but you can get away with 6, but I humbly don't recommend. ymmv. Sync 3.4, hellifiknow, but I also recommend the usb C module. simple swap, but that damn center console has to come up. ugh....

Definitely sounds like a cable is on the way out.

Sorry I didn't read the post very well. Definitely try a different cable and also try a different USB port. I would also fully restart the car (turn car off and open door to kill the keep alive relay) between trying these things. I've had issues where for unexplained reasons the port wasn't being recognized.

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
Seems like it was a cable issue, swapped it with a new cable this morning and Android auto registered and stayed open with no issues!

Still might consider getting that newer USB module, having a USB-C port would be nice.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and recommendations

Had similar issues with AA and my Pixel phone. It was a bad cable. I got a new cable at Target and have had no further issues.

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
New cable solved the issue it seems like. I didn't need to update the USB harness at this point, but I may still do that in the future.