Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3.4 Upgrade?

Second eBay link I posted should work, looks like the right size anyhow. Same connectors as well. I may try the 3.4 update just for that. I hadn't realized there was a USB C hub out there. Still cant find the ford part number for it though. Any idea what cars come with USB C factory?

Second eBay link I posted should work, looks like the right size anyhow. Same connectors as well. I may try the 3.4 update just for that. I hadn't realized there was a USB C hub out there. Still cant find the ford part number for it though. Any idea what cars come with USB C factory?
Most new cars. Escape 2020 has one

OP
B

borborpa

Premium Account
Thread Starter #23
The wider one arrives tomorrow...we shall see what happens...

I ran the 3.4 update yesterday with no ill effects or bugs noticed thus far. It did fix the issue the last update left with asking to be connected to Wi-Fi constantly. CarPlay does seem to get running a little faster than before.

OP
B

borborpa

Premium Account
Thread Starter #25
So I ran the update (non NAV) with no hiccups this morning and just replaced the hub, and I now have USB fast charging on my Pixel! I also think the 3.4 interface looks a lot cleaner than the old one.

It also kept all my Forscan changes through the update (boot logo, Sirius delete). It also finally enabled climate control on screen. I had turned everything on in Forscan years ago but for some reason it never worked, and now it does.

I did have to re-pair my phone with Android Auto, both after the update, and again after replacing the USB module.

So far so good, if I run into issues I'll be sure to post them.

This is the module I purchased that fits. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082S7FL7G/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_apa_i_WMArEb8X7WHBK

Are you able to change the theme color to other options? I’m not into the whole blue look they have going on. Also, good to note it keeps Forscan changes.
Anyone who uses the factory navigation and updates to 3.4, can you confirm the map updated as well?

OP
B

borborpa

Premium Account
Thread Starter #29
Does anyone have pictures of the new UI running on the fiesta screen?
I'll take some later today.

Are you able to change the theme color to other options? I’m not into the whole blue look they have going on. Also, good to note it keeps Forscan changes.
I can check next time I run Forscan on it. Not sure when that will be though.

OP
B

borborpa

Premium Account
Thread Starter #32
I like this a good bit. I'll have to try it this weekend
I run Android Auto 99% of the time, but I still think the new interface looks a ton better for the few seconds it's on the screen.

Flashed just now, everything works perfectly. Only issue is that I have a mustang spash screen now, I'm going to pick up a forscan cable to add on screen climate controls and the ST splash screen

OP
B

borborpa

Premium Account
Thread Starter #34
Flashed just now, everything works perfectly. Only issue is that I have a mustang spash screen now, I'm going to pick up a forscan cable to add on screen climate controls and the ST splash screen
Mine did the Mustang screen on the first boot, then from then on it went back to the ST I had programmed before.

do a master reset to revert back to ST boot screen. Closing screen will still be a Ford logo though.

After a little over a month, pleased to say I've had fewer and fewer issues as time goes on. Maybe the system needed to build up a cache?...i dunno. But even Android Auto is working smoothly now; at first it wasn't working well, then not at all, but I suspect "user error" when setting it up (it can be finicky, you have to start the car, THEN plug in the cord, THEN plug in the phone or else it may foul up).

I think the overall interface just looks cleaner, even though nothing was really added other than the "door ajar" on-screen alert, as well as audio cutout when fully turning off ESC. Navigation features are also a bit smoother.

I just ordered the USB hub but it's gonna take a while. Can I update to the v3.4 system with the old USB module (The one that came with my 2015)?

OP
B

borborpa

Premium Account
Thread Starter #39
I just ordered the USB hub but it's gonna take a while. Can I update to the v3.4 system with the old USB module (The one that came with my 2015)?
Yeah it should work fine with it.

I'm not sure the USB-C hub is actually fast charging. It says it is, but it doesn't seem to charge any faster that it did before (e.g. when it's at 30% it says it will be 2-3 hours to full). That's on my Pixel 3.

Yeah it should work fine with it.

I'm not sure the USB-C hub is actually fast charging. It says it is, but it doesn't seem to charge any faster that it did before (e.g. when it's at 30% it says it will be 2-3 hours to full). That's on my Pixel 3.
Tried installing it, didnt work on my end. I have the old style usb from the 2015s. I'm stuck on the error update package not found red screen. USB drive is exFAT and MBR. It appears I can't revert back to my old Sync system. Any suggestions?

Last edited: