Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3 and Android N

Anyone had issues with Applink since updating to Android N? Mine has been flaky at best and this morning it decided to no longer detect any apps on my phone (Nexus 5X). I'd really like to not have to reset my whole sync system again.

It's frustrating that every other app update Sync breaks and even in a "working" state it's buggy as hell.

Android Auto can not come soon enough....

Hi LedRobster,

Before resetting SYNC, try removing the battery from your phone. If it's not removeable, turn the phone off for 15 seconds before powering it on again. Also, try a system reset instead of a master: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...-Supplement-version-2_sycsy_EN-US_10_2015.pdf It doesn't delete any information previously stored in the system. The instructions are on page 113.

Shaay

OP
L
Thread Starter #4
So, it seems to be reset, works for a day, reset, works for a day, etc

Thanks for the update, LedRobster. Are you saying that after the reset, the issue is resolved for only a day?

Shaay

OP
L
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the update, LedRobster. Are you saying that after the reset, the issue is resolved for only a day?

Shaay
That seemed to be the case. For now I don't have the time to fuss with it for 10min every time I start the car so I'll stick with bluetooth audio and wait for (fingers crossed) Android Auto. =)

I appreciate the responses though and the heads up on the soft reset. If i get some more time to mess with it and find a solution that works I'll update. Thanks!

I have been having almost the same issues. Sometimes i turn my fiesta on and it will find my pandora app but says and shows it playing but i hear nothing. Then when i try and switch to xm or fm it does nothing like its froze. I have a 5x too so either its the 5x causing the issue or maybe a sync glitch. I'm hoping for a sync update to maybe fix it.

OP
L
Thread Starter #8
I have been having almost the same issues. Sometimes i turn my fiesta on and it will find my pandora app but says and shows it playing but i hear nothing. Then when i try and switch to xm or fm it does nothing like its froze. I have a 5x too so either its the 5x causing the issue or maybe a sync glitch. I'm hoping for a sync update to maybe fix it.
Are you updated to N? I was able to get around most of the weirdness before the update (start car, start pandora applink, radio crashes to FM, switch back to applink and it's fine) but now it won't start the app on my phone. I have to take my phone out and launch the app manually, at which point, I might as well just switch to bluetooth audio.

That seemed to be the case. For now I don't have the time to fuss with it for 10min every time I start the car so I'll stick with bluetooth audio and wait for (fingers crossed) Android Auto. =)

I appreciate the responses though and the heads up on the soft reset. If i get some more time to mess with it and find a solution that works I'll update. Thanks!
You're welcome! Android Auto will make its debut by the end of the year. Keep me posted. :)

CallmeTurbo,

Have you tried any resets?

Shaay