Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Taking a Leap - Resonator Delete

OP
G
Thread Starter #61
I'm pretty sure you can google it.... it's the only part of your exhaust that looks like a box aside from your muffler...

Thanks just checking it seen it when they took it off and thought it looked different because it was triangular shaped. Hoping they didn't mistake it for my cat

OP
G
Thread Starter #65
Oh, I got what you meant by triangular now... for some reason I was thinking mine was squared when I took it off. I'm gonna have to go out to my garage and take a look at it.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club

the Cat as stated is part of the DP here it is in all its factory glory the big thing in the middle.. also the Res is sort of triangular shapre in the middle of the car not the end front or back end that is :)

I have finally had time to make a video of the straight pipe, its just me flooring it down hill. Ill upload some better videos soon.

[video=youtube;MtOfqhH9JS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtOfqhH9JS0[/video]

Not exactly what you're looking for, but here is a muffler and resonator delete :)

[video=youtube;_Rx3U-dNLyY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rx3U-dNLyY[/video]

no drive by's of this on a stock car? I have the front resonator from my magnaflow system sitting in my garage that I may convert (magnaflow resonator and stock resonator sound the same). I have converted my exhaust into a 3 piece system with slip joints so I can still swap this in and our depending on my mood (when messing with my magnaflow system I got pretty good at swapping the front sections).

Is this reverse-able if needed? Can the res be welded back onto the exhaust if clamps are used to fit the straight pipe?

Also does this effect the warranty of the overall car?

Dont want ford to refuse to repair something because the resonator is removed:)

Is this reverse-able if needed? Can the res be welded back onto the exhaust if clamps are used to fit the straight pipe?

Also does this effect the warranty of the overall car?

Dont want ford to refuse to repair something because the resonator is removed:)
Anyone? :)

With a little work it could be replaced. You will need an extra piece of pipe to make two slip joints.

Its not a bolt on part, you have to cut a tube to remove the resonator, then the cheap way to do it is cut the front off of the resonator and weld it to a straight pipe but then going back is another cut and weld job.