Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD Team Dynamics Pro Rally 15x7 w/ X-Ice tires

Trader history for MConte05 (0)

SOLD

Sold off my fiesta a few months ago and still had these kicking around. Basically new Pro Rally wheels that I got from Rocky Mountain Autosports in time for the 100 Acre Wood Rally. Has Michelin X-Ice tires on there, total mileage on the setup is probably just a hair under 1,500.

No nicks or scratches on them, just needs a good wash.

Paid nearly $1300 for this whole setup, looking to get $700.

Was an absolute beast in the snow and did an amazing job at the 100AW rally as the zero car.

Attachments

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There is a member on here (forgot who) who is looking for those exact wheels.
If I can remember/find him, I will direct him to this thread. [wink]

UPDATE; his username is Reaper on here. GLWS!

But, DO TELL about your course opening experiences with the car (i.e.; skid plate, which suspension, what tire pressures did you run, how close to 'losing it' did you get when pushing the X-Ices on loose gravel/dust, how often did you bottom out, etc.).

Last edited:
OP
M
Thread Starter #4
Do these have TPMS?
No TPMS. I think I used the Cobb AP to turn off the warning light.

But, DO TELL about your course opening experiences with the car (i.e.; skid plate, which suspension, what tire pressures did you run, how close to 'losing it' did you get when pushing the X-Ices on loose gravel/dust, how often did you bottom out, etc.).
Keep in mind that I raced for years and years prior to doing zero car, part of why they asked me to do it, and I know the 100 Acre Wood Rally very well. In fact it's where my career "ended" in 2016 after a big wreck.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMtQ4ng1wQA

Bone stock car, stock suspension, no skid plate. I think it was mid-30's or low 40's tire pressure, honestly can't remember. I was focused on smooth driving and getting through the stages quickly while keeping an eye out for issues. We still matched or beat bogey time on a lot of stages, which means that we were still probably faster than 1/3 of the competitive field despite no roll cage, no suspension, and no gravel tires. The winter tires did great and were plenty sticky but giving enough feedback when sliding through the 3rd and 4th gear corners. I don't recall bottoming out at any point.

The stock suspension actually wasn't that bad. There were a few rough spots (the infamous Southern Loop stage) where I just gingered through it, wasn't trying to set stage records. However there is a steep hill after a water crossing that had super big ruts and everyone was nervous that we weren't going to make it up the hill and the rally would be delayed.... but we made it up without a single hiccup, while some rally cars struggled at the back of the field.

It actually made me really want to get a Fiesta R2 once I get back into the racing game rather than another turbo AWD car. Something something starting a business, having a kid, moving cities... makes it tough to get back into rally again right away.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
YES, even on the factory suspension (which I still am) these cars can handle a real POUNDING on stage roads, at least NOT at a 10/10ths full-on rally pace! [thumb]
I did almost lose it on a few smooth sections while pushing the Alitmax Arctic 12s past their limits for gravel, and wished that I had at least some hard compound, actual gravel tires on, but between the cost, and the fact that they would have to be shlepped to every event and changed out (due to them wearing down to slicks on the highways to get there), has put the kibosh on that idea. [:(]

I have a skid plate on, and was glad I did when our stage captain led us out of a stage at NEFR on a road which was basically a 'boulder field' (which the competitors transited into the stage on), such was the degree of washout due to the recent hard rains (which also helped to keep the infamous dust at this event down appreciably).

Even at a crawling pace, I put a decent sized 'ding' in that Skid Plate Guy front guard, which WOULD HAVE taken out the alloy sump on this car had it not been there. [wink]

I hear you on the R2 car thing, and the 'arrive and drive', as well as the competitor owned ones at NEFR launched like nobody's business (I worked mostly starts at this event), despite 'only' being FWD!! [ohcrap]
(The R5 cars there launched like the Enterprise/Millenium Falcon shifting into warp drive!! LOL)

Last edited:
OP
M
Thread Starter #6
YES, even on the factory suspension (which I still am) these cars can handle a real POUNDING on stage roads, at least NOT at a 10/10ths full-on rally pace! [thumb]
I did almost lose it on a few smooth sections while pushing the Alitmax Arctic 12s past their limits for gravel, and wished that I had at least some hard compound, actual gravel tires on, but between the cost, and the fact that they would have to be shlepped to every event and changed out (due to them wearing down to slicks on the highways to get there), has put the kibosh on that idea. [:(]

I have a skid plate on, and was glad I did when our stage captain led us out of a stage at NEFR on a road which was basically a 'boulder field' (which the competitors transited into the stage on), such was the degree of washout due to the recent hard rains (which also helped to keep the infamous dust at this event down appreciably).

Even at a crawling pace, I put a decent sized 'ding' in that Skid Plate Guy front guard, which WOULD HAVE taken out the alloy sump on this car had it not been there. [wink]

I hear you on the R2 car thing, and the 'arrive and drive', as well as the competitor owned ones at NEFR launched like nobody's business (I worked mostly starts at this event), despite 'only' being FWD!! [ohcrap]
(The R5 cars there launched like the Enterprise/Millenium Falcon shifting into warp drive!! LOL)
Honestly the winter tires are better for lower speed gravel hooning. The gravel tires are designed for a certain temperature range. You need to be driving REALLY hard constantly to get them into the right heat range to get "sticky" like a winter tire and really grip well. The main advantage of a gravel tire over winter for low-speed stuff is just puncture resistance. Also the gravel tire is optimized for a certain amount of slip angle which won't be doing unless constantly at the limit.

There were a few spots where we came into a corner a bit hot but just staying on the gas and throttling out did the trick. What impressed me the most about the Fiesta was the amount of rear end grip compared to my AWD subarus. Really the only place where there is a big advantage in being in an AWD turbo car is obviously low speed corner exits. However on fast and flowing rallies like 100AW, STPR, etc. the FWD has the potential to be in the top 10. As Chris Duplessis and Brandon Reeves showed quite often.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Honestly the winter tires are better for lower speed gravel hooning. The gravel tires are designed for a certain temperature range. You need to be driving REALLY hard constantly to get them into the right heat range to get "sticky" like a winter tire and really grip well. The main advantage of a gravel tire over winter for low-speed stuff is just puncture resistance. Also the gravel tire is optimized for a certain amount of slip angle which won't be doing unless constantly at the limit.

There were a few spots where we came into a corner a bit hot but just staying on the gas and throttling out did the trick. What impressed me the most about the Fiesta was the amount of rear end grip compared to my AWD subarus. Really the only place where there is a big advantage in being in an AWD turbo car is obviously low speed corner exits. However on fast and flowing rallies like 100AW, STPR, etc. the FWD has the potential to be in the top 10. As Chris Duplessis and Brandon Reeves showed quite often.
...as well as ACP and Ole Holter for many events in an Open 2WD FiST! [driving] [raceflag]

Yes, you are correct about the gravel tires, and I have certainly decided against using them to merely work rallies.

I picked the Arctic 12s as they were one of the few street winter tires which checked all of the boxes as far as gravel use goes, most importantly, the XL rated sidewalls for added protection vs. just the SL rated ones.

My guess is that the wealthier teams use actual gravel tires on their recce cars for the exact reason you've stated above, low speed durability/puncture resistance, as they are 'supposed to be' observing a "quiet" 30 MPH pace max <-LOL during their recces. [wink]

Last edited:

Nstelemark

Well this would certainly be a hell of a winter setup!

Edit - shipping would likely kill me, hmm maybe if I sent them to Maine...

OP
M
Thread Starter #10
Price drop to $800.

Supposedly not too bad to ship via ShipNex. I believe a hundred or so for really long distances.

A member pointed out that these do actually have some nicks and stuff, moreso than I expected when I actually got up close and looked. So I guess don't expect brand new shiny wheels. But I want to see these on rally cars anyways. :)

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Would you sell just the wheels? If so, shoot me a PM on the price you would have in mind.

OP
M
Thread Starter #12
Winter coming soon! Price drop to $700.

Won't split the tires and wheels. Have an older 911 as my only car and pretty much impossible to transport split tires and wheels without multiple trips.

zlouison

Are these still available? I just sent you a PM to discuss more specifics if so.