Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Best High Performance AS Tires

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #162
Agreed. If you are in a temperate climate, all the better. Would not use OLD tires in flurida or MN, WI, ME

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I wouldn’t use them at all lol

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #163
My request for the newest tires has never been denied so far probably because few if any make this request. Now that I’ve given away my secret I see dry rot in my future

danbfree

3000 Post Club
My request for the newest tires has never been denied so far probably because few if any make this request. Now that I’ve given away my secret I see dry rot in my future
Sure, who doesn't want what's most "fresh" of anything, but if the overly paranoid gov't says they will be 100% safe for at least 5 years and you know you're going to use them up in 2, worrying about tires more than 3 years old makes no sense... so if you do get dry rot, I doubt it's from giving away some secret, it would be from all the negative karma from being so demanding to tire shops for no reason. ;)

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #165
Sure, who doesn't want what's most "fresh" of anything, but if the overly paranoid gov't says they will be 100% safe for at least 5 years and you know you're going to use them up in 2, worrying about tires more than 3 years old makes no sense... so if you do get dry rot, I doubt it's from giving away some secret, it would be from all the negative karma from being so demanding to tire shops for no reason. ;)
So you want dry rot straight away from the distributor. Makes sense. The government cares about you. Makes sense. You’re getting a deal on old tires. Makes sense. Here comes a page of nonsense. Makes sense. LMFAO

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So you want dry rot straight away from the distributor. Makes sense. The government cares about you. Makes sense. You’re getting a deal on old tires. Makes sense. Here comes a page of nonsense. Makes sense. LMFAO
If we can agree the gov't wants to over-regulate everything then it's pretty clear their 5 year mark is definitely overly paranoid for the sake of being overcautious for safety. Anything else you say would just be contradicting yourself at that point but you're just right about everything anyway, so no sense trying to talk sense into someone that's always right anyway, so have a great day!

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
To each their own.
Would I put them on my car hell no. It's not my car though so whatever doesn't matter.
I've also been through a lot of tire blowouts at work and well the damage that can be done is crazy. Unfortunately there's just no way of knowing how they were stored. I've seen tires dry rot within a few years, I've seen some last a decade. Like I said your car your choice.
Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
To each their own.
What I put them on my car hell no. It's not my car though so whatever doesn't matter.
Yeah, 4 years is pushing it when I'm now working from home now and don't know how many miles I'll be putting on them and how long it would be before I used them up. I'm sure used tire places have tires made over 5 years ago with plenty of tread still for sale, and the tire manufacturers say they can be good up to 10 years if stored properly, so that's also an unknown. The thing is, I'm making more money now, so I can afford better tires in a few months but need tires *really* soon. Maybe I'll just use those for a year and upgrade, that might be the best way to go. Gov't says 5 years, and they are overly paranoid, car makers say 6 years and want to sell you new tires and tire makers say 10 years to sound good but also want to sell you new tires, I'm thinking they prob would be fine for 2 years, and just reading up now more is making more sense that it wouldn't be a problem. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'll listen to and read up on as many different possible and split the difference most likely.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #169
If we can agree the gov't wants to over-regulate everything then it's pretty clear their 5 year mark is definitely overly paranoid for the sake of being overcautious for safety. Anything else you say would just be contradicting yourself at that point but you're just right about everything anyway, so no sense trying to talk sense into someone that's always right anyway, so have a great day!
The swamp legislators have been corrupt for far too long and have written law if the price was right. They have not cared. They only wanted to enrich themselves and their sugar daddies. This is what we are trying to change when we say drain the swamp. I don’t know everything but I do know being cavalier about sub standard tires is dangerous to you and everyone around you.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The swamp legislators have been corrupt for far too long and have written law if the price was right. They have not cared. They only wanted to enrich themselves and their sugar daddies. This is what we are trying to change when we say drain the swamp. I don’t know everything but I do know being cavalier about sub standard tires is dangerous to you and everyone around you.
Well good thing we aren't discussing sub standard tires and if you don't realize this, please just live in your fantasy world where manufacturers don't sell tires 3 years old in a regular basis with no ill affect and check your attitude in thinking you're right about everything. You are entitled to your opinion, as paranoid as you want but you don't have the right to belittle and demean others and tell them they are doing something dangerous. Enough of the god damn harassment for not agreeing with your paranoia! Block me, ignore me, but we don't have to put up with belittling for not agreeing with you!

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #171
Harassment? All I am saying is to err on the side of caution instead of trying to save a few dollars. The sad part is you won’t know until it’s too late. Why risk it?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
and there once was "new old" stock...anybody else here old enough to remember buying RETREADS?!?!?!?!!!!! LOL I ran them in the south Flurida heat back in the 70's....

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
and there once was "new old" stock...anybody else here old enough to remember buying RETREADS?!?!?!?!!!!! LOL I ran them in the south Flurida heat back in the 70's....
We run retreads on our work trucks on the back not the biggest fan of them. They typically have Michelin or Continental tread blocks.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Harassment? All I am saying is to err on the side of caution instead of trying to save a few dollars. The sad part is you won’t know until it’s too late. Why risk it?
Look man, I'm sorry if it got a little contentious, but every bit of research out there shows there is zero issue running a tire 4 years old and in fact are sold up to 3 years on a regular basis. So I just don't like being told I'm risking myself and others lives blindly when every bit of research says otherwise. That's just not called for. Again, we all have our opinions and are free to share them, but we should watch telling people are doing something dangerous to themselves and others when there is no basis in fact. I hear your opinion and am taking everyone's in for consideration, so let's move on now.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
You say sorry a lot. Bye bye
And you don't say sorry enough, might want to try that more often, it's called being humble and polite even when you aren't necessarily in the wrong but actually give a damn about trying to get along with people sharing the same hobby... but again, you declaring I'm doing something dangerous when I'm not at all is pitiful, so sorry not sorry for that, but regardless, if you've just blocked me anyway there's no loss at all anyway, your cocky attitude sucks and just brings this place down anyway.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #178
I have 1518 posts, 632 likes and 162 trophy points. Nobody gets along with someone who is constantly offended and tries to control and censor everyone. You even started a thread that had a conditional threshold of what can be said in it. You go from 0-cuckoo all over the place. I am cocky because that’s what YOU see. Others get it. Go rejoin your Complain Crew and buy some tires that aren’t a hazard. Now really Bye bye 🚀

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I have 1518 posts, 632 likes and 162 trophy points. Nobody gets along with someone who is constantly offended and tries to control and censor everyone. You even started a thread that had a conditional threshold of what can be said in it. You go from 0-cuckoo all over the place. I am cocky because that’s what YOU see. Others get it. Go rejoin your Complain Crew and buy some tires that aren’t a hazard. Now really Bye bye [emoji573]
You just made my day.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I have 1518 posts, 632 likes and 162 trophy points. Nobody gets along with someone who is constantly offended and tries to control and censor everyone. You even started a thread that had a conditional threshold of what can be said in it. You go from 0-cuckoo all over the place. I am cocky because that’s what YOU see. Others get it. Go rejoin your Complain Crew and buy some tires that aren’t a hazard. Now really Bye bye 🚀
Really? That's all you have to say is brag about what internet point trophies you have? LOL... And yeah, it's called staying on topic when you have conditions up front, you don't even know the definition of censorship... I simply post in a respectful manner when every single one of yours is full of cocky attitude, I'm just not afraid to stand up to anonymous internet bullies when people are dicks yet you call that cuckoo? Wow, seems like the pitiful minds think alike apparently around here, no loss to me or the other rational people here, there is good reason they make block lists I suppose.