Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Best High Performance AS Tires

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #141
Only if my wife wins the lottery......for me a base GT 6 speed with sync/audio 301A pkg, variable exh, $300 wheel upgrade, spare tire and spoiler delete. Figure $35-37K OTD.

All I need is a fun driver......basically rumbling V8, Manual, Tach and speedo.
Nice. I was hoping 👍

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I do every week when I don't buy tickets! Lucky has never been in my vocabulary. According to calculations that puts me ahead of my wife by about $6200, $4 a week for 30 years! I am so lucky I know she will win $50 million the week after I croak and buy a Shelby!

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I'm actually looking into these tires, how'd you like them?
Disclaimer...I keep getting BF Goodrich and Bridgestone mixed....durrrrr

G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S
Factory size is 205/50-17, but I went Plus 0. 225/45-17. I loved them. I would have bought them again, but I got them from Merchants (now NTB) and Costco was MUCH less expensive for the:

POTENZA RE980AS
Costco didn't have the Comp 2's in my size. The treads are vastly different, but very similarly-ranked/reviewed in TireRack. The RE980's feel just as good to me, but my priorities in life have changed, so I'm not as critical right now. Good value for the money.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Has anyone ran the Riken Raptor ZR A/S? Just saw a crazy good deal for them on eBay and they seem to be ranked pretty high up there on the Tire Rack charts.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Has anyone ran the Riken Raptor ZR A/S? Just saw a crazy good deal for them on eBay and they seem to be ranked pretty high up there on the Tire Rack charts.
20 years ago and they had endless grip until they got lower tread in the rain.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
20 years ago and they had endless grip until they got lower tread in the rain.

Yeah, from what I've read in the reviews sounds about right. "Only" a 300tw, so they seem sticky but wear out pretty fast. But at $175 a set of 4 in 215/40/17, doesn't matter how long they last, I could replace them every 15k miles and sounds like would be great for the money!

Only possibly questionable thing is that they are old new stock manufactured 4 years ago, but tires are good for 10 years from manufacture, right?

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #150
When I buy tires online I insist they give me the newest tires in stock. You have to be willing to walk away and tell them you’re going somewhere else if they don’t acquiesce

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
When I buy tires online I insist they give me the newest tires in stock. You have to be willing to walk away and tell them you’re going somewhere else
Yeah, I can appreciate they list the manufacture year, I just wasn't sure how old is too old or is newer the better, period? It's just an amazing bargain and I need new tires on a budget really soon. I'm not afraid to spend a little more if I need to, but for very decent tires that's just a crazy bargain!

And looking it up now, looks like for 100% best performance and safety, they should be used up in 5-6 years, so at 4 years old it's cutting it a bit close..

DoomsdayMelody

Yeah, from what I've read in the reviews sounds about right. "Only" a 300tw, so they seem sticky but wear out pretty fast. But at $175 a set of 4 in 215/40/17, doesn't matter how long they last, I could replace them every 15k miles and sounds like would be great for the money!

Only possibly questionable thing is that they are old new stock manufactured 4 years ago, but tires are good for 10 years from manufacture, right?
DOT and RMA recommended service life of a tire is 5 years from date of manufacture.

Check the DOT code on the tire, the last 4 digits will tell the week and year of production in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Read this whole fuckakta thread and no mention of my perennial favorite, the Kumho Ecsta 4X II. They recently discontinued it for the Kumho Ecsta PA51. I threw on a set of the new model just last week but I can report they provide all the grip i'll ever need. I would argue that a good UHP AS tire will provide all the grip 90% of us on here need. I consider myself an aggressive driver and an AS tire has never let me down. I live in the NorthEast where winters see at least 3 or 4 brutal snow storms a season and again, an AS tire has never let me down. And i've driven through snow storms with 5" of snow on the highway and somehow, despite some opinions here, made it home alive. In fact, in the 25+ years i've been driving i've NEVER owned a snow tire and somehow never got into an accident in the winter. I know, i know it's crazy. It's as if Jesus himself grabs the wheel and levitates my vehicles over the snow. Whatever the reason, I'll keep my money in my pocket and continue to run the same dam tire all year round. But to each their own!

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I had KhuNO's one time. Extas or xts or something like that. While one time with one car may not be fair, and every car is different...never again.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #160
I meant about buying old tires. I’ve run AS/3’s from 0-93 degrees with no problems. Before anyone has a cow I have ZIII’s on the other wheels.