Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Stanced Fiesta ST Showcase Thread

C. love

I know about the being run off thing, mention cheap HID's and watch the shit storm lol. I want to see a stanced or semi-stanced fiesta and might even be the guy to do it Idk we will see. Its not like this stance stuff is hard my only hang up.... I dont like throwing 1000's at my daily lol. In due time maybe this car of mine will graduate.

Calculating wheel fitment is actually super easy, matter of fact just looked at wheel and what a 8.5 would take to fit now Im just a measuring tape away from seeing if what I believe will work will actually work. Again though Im just "bench racing" will never be 100% ready until I pull the trigger.

This idk why more arent catching on to this.

I also firmly believe you can fit a 17x8-8.5 with the right offset. Now does this mean you will need to do some extra stuff? Maybe. By stuff I mean maybe rolling the front fenders, some very light stretching etc. I am sure some with complain but before you do let me say isn't this the stance thread where people are "into" these antics?
I had to do a pretty good bit to fit 8.5" under the arches. Granted I'm lowered a hefty amount, but a roll/aggressive pull wasn't enough to keep it from rubbing in the fronts.
It is possible though.

LT Berzerker

Problem is with stance getting camber in the rear to accommodate larger wheels... Unless your willing to cut and reweld your twistbeam

Problem is with stance getting camber in the rear to accommodate larger wheels... Unless your willing to cut and reweld your twistbeam
You are correct. And also I was informed by the local fender rolling expert (400+ cars in 2014) that it is risky to pull our rear fenders because of the way they're made. He said VW uses a similar design on some cars, and it bubbles/cracks under the pressure.

LT Berzerker

You are correct. And also I was informed by the local fender rolling expert (400+ cars in 2014) that it is risky to pull our rear fenders because of the way they're made. He said VW uses a similar design on some cars, and it bubbles/cracks under the pressure.
Good to know!

I'm really contemplating a 225/40R17 on 17x8 +38, I know I'll need the rear fenders rolled... Front should be too bad, but want to find a used tire and check fitment to see if it's reasonably doable

Good to know!

I'm really contemplating a 225/40R17 on 17x8 +38, I know I'll need the rear fenders rolled... Front should be too bad, but want to find a used tire and check fitment to see if it's reasonably doable
The rears are already pretty rolled! He recommended to leave mine be, and they don't rub at all. Just the front

LT Berzerker

Didn't see in the thread, what specs are you running? 17x8 or 17x8.5 and tire size?

C. love

Bubbles cracks? you mean the paint? usually if you pull the rear 1/4's you will need body work, that actually happens on most cars for it to be 100% perfect. Although I have gotten a few pulls to work out pretty damn close to perfect

8.5 all around on stock tires. Not as stretched as you would think either.
Different tires will stretch a different amount FYI

Bubbles cracks? you mean the paint? usually if you pull the rear 1/4's you will need body work, that actually happens on most cars for it to be 100% perfect. Although I have gotten a few pulls to work out pretty damn close to perfect

Different tires will stretch a different amount FYI
He showed me a picture of another person's VW that told him to do a roll and pull anyway against his warning, and the sheet metal itself had created a dent-like bubble in itself, and a slight hairline crack.

And yes I am aware that the different ways manufactures make their sidewalls plays a large factor in the way a tire will stretch...

C. love

He showed me a picture of another person's VW that told him to do a roll and pull anyway against his warning, and the sheet metal itself had created a dent-like bubble in itself, and a slight hairline crack.

And yes I am aware that the different ways manufactures make their sidewalls plays a large factor in the way a tire will stretch...

yeah Ive seen that happen on a ton of cars when the pull exceeds a given point. I would guess some have zero tolerance for pull where some you can pull alot until that happens.

I painted them. Those are the Stock tires right there.
I did the same thing with my Toyo Tires as well:

I used the Sharpie Oil Based markers. They work real nice, just be sure to clean the tire before you start and you have to do more than one coat. Think of it like a painting.
It beats that tire lettering kit that costs like $300.