Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The true cost on an LSD?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Bench job, that with you bringing a shop the tranny your looking at cost for seals and lsd and about 450.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
At least that's what I paid the shop I went to. And they did a really great job. That 450 was replacing all seals, lsd and putting a final gear conversion in. You might be able to find cheaper labor if all you do is the lsd.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I used FSWerks. They did an excellent job, labor + parts (minus differential) was something around $1100.
It's been said before but wow what an upgrade.
I had fswerks do some work back when they were focussport. Had a frpp head installed on my old focus. Honest good shop.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Do they do installs for anyone, or did you have a hookup?
Nah just call em up for an appointment.

How much was their labor rate?
I looked back at my records, it was tricky to slice apart because I had them doing a few other things during the LSD job but their rate is $90/hr.
I was wrong w/ the quote above. On the IG post they made about my job, they said ~$1280 on labor for this. http://instagr.am/p/CBUFLK8n_Pk/ View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBUFLK8n_Pk/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

TemecFist

Nah just call em up for an appointment.

I looked back at my records, it was tricky to slice apart because I had them doing a few other things during the LSD job but their rate is $90/hr.
I was wrong w/ the quote above. On the IG post they made about my job, they said ~$1280 on labor for this. http://instagr.am/p/CBUFLK8n_Pk/ View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBUFLK8n_Pk/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
Nice! How did you like the job they did?

How do you like the WaveTrac?
It's a substantial difference, all the understeer and hesitation it had in hard cornering is gone. It just slingshots out of corners as you straighten the wheel. It 100% should have come this way from the factory (and I believe does on Mk8s w/ the Quaife).

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They did great, I asked how many of these they'd done when I was dropping off and they said dozens between FiST + FoST. No issues a few months later.
I wish that there was a place around here that has done 'dozens'.

Most want to charge me over $2K, and mine would be the very first one they've ever done! [:(] [thumbdown]

ronmcdon

sorry to bump older thread but great info! will be taking my car into fswerks to install a wavetrack lsd. I appreciate the added peace of mind if they've had experience with this. quote I got was more or less the same for labor.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
sorry to bump older thread but great info! will be taking my car into fswerks to install a wavetrack lsd. I appreciate the added peace of mind if they've had experience with this. quote I got was more or less the same for labor.
Welcome Ron I had no idea you were here this is Dave Driftfreaq from Zilvia just got my my car back from Antspec for my s280 Turbo install and dyno tune.

Ya a Wavtrac is definitely on the horizon for me as when they were doing my tune they had to limit it to 25lbs of boost due to clutch slippage in the higher rpms. So ya toast clutch install LSD all while its out.

TemecFist

To everyone that has an lsd, which lsd did you get and why? I'm trying to pick one now.

Thanks!!!

ronmcdon

Hi Dave good seeing you here! Just got a used fiesta st a month ago as irresponsible impulse buy and have been lurking a bit. Regret not getting one new when there were attractive discounts.

yah be good to know how well the wavetrack works for you when you get one.

Temec - Ive had good experience with quaife on honda civics and my 240sx for street and track driving. just wanted to try something different this time with a diff that doesn't clunk and is low maintenance.

I liked this comparison between the quaife and wavetrack. have struggled to find comparos tbh.
https://www.facebook.com/JamSport/p...up-rated-differential-is-a/10155930362528467/

TemecFist

Hi Dave good seeing you here! Just got a used fiesta st a month ago as irresponsible impulse buy and have been lurking a bit. Regret not getting one new when there were attractive discounts.

Temec - Ive had good experience with quaife on honda civics and my 240sx for street and track driving. just wanted to try something different this time with a diff that doesn't clunk and is low maintenance.

I liked this comparison between the quaife and wavetrack. have struggled to find comparos tbh.
https://www.facebook.com/JamSport/p...up-rated-differential-is-a/10155930362528467/
That's a great article! I appreciate it.
It seems like the Wavetrac is the best way to go, in my opinion at least. ????

Dpro

6000 Post Club

Ya its on the list the Turbo Technics S280 makes the car just silly fast. I also just ordered EBC Yellow pads and Rotors. The car was still fun before but now its a whole other level. I also still have the BMW. I almost bought another 240sx . I know where there is a base model 91 bone stock.
There are a couple of videos of the Wavetrac in use in our cars by early members . One is on T shirt driving thats Pete he used to have a Green Envy FiST there is also one by SirSinclair if you find his build thread here he built a FiST sold it and wound buying another that was already setup and he put a Wavetrac in . Both those guys are San Diego peeps.
Everyone that puts a Wavetrac in has nothing but super positive comments about them.

Last edited: