Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Ultimate Tune

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
duramaxin14,
I am on my third truck, 07+ dually, just tuned would spin the tires in 4 gears and I would have to hit the brakes pretty hard to slow down to merge when getting on the freeway.
06 short bed, EFI tuned by Idaho Rob, ATP, etc.....and with stock turbo still was very fast.
Rob's not fully race built, drive to work, 4 link, 17 MPG, video on his site showing him make an 8.9 run at 137mph beating a sport bike that left the line much sooner than he did.....
2012 dually, stock tune due to warranty and retired so less funds to pay for breaking things....still pulls a very loaded 43ft toyhauler with the FiST in it quite easily:)

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I meant what made you appreciate the car again? Something different than the previous combo?
Its just that I've been buried with work lately. My "9-5" is consistent, but at the same time, I'd been working an extra 25 hours per week on top of my normal 40 hours. So I had not had time to drive the car on roads that make fiesty smile, or work on the car. I'm still waiting on some 3rd party parts and I do have something to finish up, but I've just been so busy. No tunes or logging because there was no point because nothing with the car that had change. When I get the external dumps made, I can start to play with the laptop again, even more important, when I get my direct port meth setup installed, it will need some tuning too.

Just putting the car around on pump gas in traffic is nit very exciting. Getting some heat in the tires and pushing it out in the country, its an awesome change.

Went to the track today...

Saw a fist run 14.9 and 15.1...

Tomorrow, its back to porting :)

OP
D

DatPYR0

Thread Starter #43
You don't need to have any tuners local to you to get the most out of your car. I have tuned over 200 Fiesta's all via email. I do it for a living and it is my main focus so I have the time to perfect a tune for a customer.

www.adamtuned.com

I would suggest doing Tune/Intercooler first then move onto a Catback and intake. Downpipe shouldn't be upgraded on the stock turbo, however if you upgrade to an ATP unit I would recommend getting a downpipe then. Best best when you do an ATP upgrade is to ditch their factory downpipe adapter and have a custom downpipe made from the turbo to the catback. Their adapter isn't the greatest design for flow and power can be had by getting a new downpipe made.
I've looked at your site before. Does the tune work on a 2015 as well?

OP
D

DatPYR0

Thread Starter #44
I could write an essay on all the changes I've made and money that was spent... Can't say I regret anything, though. With that said, some advice for you:

- Don't be cheap: If you want something, have patience and save for the part. But also, understand the difference between cheap, and inexpensive. Look beyond the hype generated over a part.
- Do it right, do it once: If you're the one performing the upgrade, get the tools for the job and have patience while working. This car has some tight spaces that require patience to avoid breaking anything.
- If you don't know, ask someone or search: Pretty simple.

Obviously, I don't know your financial situation, or how much knowledge/experience you have, but there is no dearth of data/knowledge/discussion here on this forum. So, I'll just assume you know what's up.

As to my recommendations for tuning:

I suggest Adam (Tune+) if you plan on staying with the stock turbo. He has an awesome deal on his tunes that will allow you make changes whenever you want. If you want to go big turbo, look no farther than Dead Hook Motorsports [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION]. I may be biased, but any other big turbo setup includes a huge sacrificial gap. Now, there is also the Cyborg hybrid turbo (built by [MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION]) that is nothing to scoff at either; this little guy sets you up with a huge, flat powerband that will make a Camaro SS sweat in a roll race. Although...the big turbo options do make the cry profusely. Even 5.0 owners get a little salty.

Intakes:

Don't need it... But if you want to spend the money, I suggest CP-e or a silicone pipe/panel filter.

Intercooler:

You want one of these. Any of them do better than stock. Print a picture out of each of them, put them on a board, throw a dart, and you'll be good. (If you're going big turbo or Cyborg Dead Hook is always the winner, though.) Also, pass on the hard-pipes, unless you want them for show.

Exhaust:

As mentioned, replacing the exhaust is a questionable move. Why are they made then? Well, people like to spend money. If you're going with a Cyborg or a big turbo, you WILL want to replace the downpipe as a minimum. But if you really must... Same thing as the intercooler; throw a dart at one. Caveat: be wary with MBRP exhausts, it seems that any material other than aluminized have drone issues.

Catch can:

The jury is still out deliberating on whether than can completely keep the valves clean, IMO. Regardless, Mishimoto seems to be the best out for fitment... I went that route. Why, did I get a catch can you ask? Well, I'm glad you fucking asked... Jk. But, honestly, oil vapors do have the possibility of inhibiting timing when they are mixed in to the combustion process.

So, that covers my thoughts on bolt-ons and tunes... Happy modding.
Very detailed, I like it. I'd like to put a beefy turbo in there at some point. I'm generally looking for the best order for my car to put these tunes in. Money won't be an issue at the time I'll be putting these in (Early spring). And my knowledge is pretty basic, but I've setup intakes, replaced a Cat-back and a few other things on some friends cars. I'm looking for some details but most of it I'm sure I can find online like you said.