Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

There is a new Fiesta ST intercooler in town guys !!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
This is Panda motor work's new intercooler for fiesta ST (http://www.pandamotorworks.com ). This is a bit of a sneak peak for everyone as it just arrived today and I'm eager to share with you guys ( not really sure if I'm even supposed to be showing this to anyone yet ).

It is based off Treadstone's TR8 core that is good for 500hp ( more than pretty much any fist will ever be making within reason ). And Panda has done a great job (by the looks of it) in making it a full "bolt on" affair.

The stock cooler is 288ci and this one is 600ci, and even I can do the math on that one.

If you've every looked at Panda's offering on the fost platform and thought, "geezzz, must be nice to have an affordable bolt-on intercooler", well... That time has come.

I am not a panda motor works employee. I paided for this intercooler. And I will evaluate it as such. My charge air temps are extremely well documented here http://www.datazap.me/u/Sourskittle , so when I start posting new logs, then well will be getting apples to apples comparisons.

I do need to mention that this is a beta cooler. It is supposed to be well fitting already, but as it is a brand new product, it may need small tweaks and that's what I'm doing this for ( for us and Panda ).

Unlike pretty much everyone else that has an upgraded cooler, I'm also going to do my best-est to take may pics and post notes. I have had my bumper cover off before

And its not big deal, you guys can figure that out on your own, as I'm pretty sure someone has posted a "how-to" on it at some point. But I will make notes :)

I personally am excited to have panda motor works looking at our platform. We have lots of great venders as is, but being as "budget minded" as I am, and being really all about "bang for buck", I think this maybe very likely prove its self as "the way to go".

Also... If we can keep this thread clean, that would be nice. Thanx guys.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
The charge pipes are welded on to fit the stock charge pipes :)
Not sure if the clamps will be included or not ( t-bolts pictured ).
Price range? I have NO IDEA. I will say likely $450 or cheaper. But don't hold me to anything on pricing, its not my product and they will ultimately decide that. Based on their fost pricing, everyone should be excited if you haven't upgraded the cooler already :)

I pay $1230 per month to not have a wife to complain about car parts on the table, lol.

Just Curious, why not go for the 400HP core? No offense, but hanging approximately 11 extra pounds on the front bumper just seem like a bad Idea.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
but seriously, save yourself a headache and bead roll those pipe ends before install.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
If it was me building it, I'd run a weld/bead around the edge of the pipe to create a lip... Or... If they have bead roller, that would be easy :)

I forwarded them this thread. So they can read it I'm sure :)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Hello, Hijinx here. I can provide a little more info on this cooler as I was the "test mule." I have logs somewhere with it, and there are somewhere on the order of 50+ that I don't feel like digging through. Simply put it looks more BA than a Cobb and on average keeps cool down to about 8* whereas Cobb is average at about 4* over ambient.

Hello, Hijinx here. I can provide a little more info on this cooler as I was the "test mule." I have logs somewhere with it, and there are somewhere on the order of 50+ that I don't feel like digging through. Simply put it looks more BA than a Cobb and on average keeps cool down to about 8* whereas Cobb is average at about 4* over ambient.
So you're saying that the Cobb unit works better?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Yes, however, "bang-for-buck" clearly goes to Panda. Unless you think 4* is worth another ~$200-$300. A better comparison would be the Levels Intercooler, but I went with Cobb because of personal preferences. Nothing negative, but I don't think you need to know why, which is why I said personal preference. Also, I had no issues with pipes blowing off at 23PSI on my Stage 3 tune.

The takeaway from this post should not be held in a negative light. Do not misconstrue what I have said here. Do not put words in my mouth or try reading between the lines. What I have said is what I have said. There is nothing subtle, or anything unsaid that you need to know. If anything, depending on the appetite of your wallet, I am endorsing both Cobb and Panda as viable solutions to your Intercooler needs. Simple as that.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
I'm actually yet to see an upgraded cooler that doesn't do a great job. The stock is actually pretty good. Our ecu is actually pretty touchy about charge temps, which leads me to think the motor is as well.