Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

There's a petition to bring the Toyota Yaris GR to North America

STTom

Premium Account
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kwzE-T_EZk&feature=emb_title

The Toyota GR Yaris, a Gazoo Racing homologation special, just debuted in January, 2020 at the Tokyo Auto Salon, but it has already drawn a rabid following. It's clearly one of the most important Toyotas in recent memory, but it's highly unlikely it'll be sold in the North American market. A petition started in Canada, noticed by Motor1, wants Toyota to change that.

The excitement around this car is undeniable. After Toyota won the 2018 FIA World Rally Championship, it began preparing to make sure it wasn't a one-and-done situation. Developed with Gazoo Racing and Tommi Mäkinen Racing, the GR Yaris is essentially a new car, not a retuned old Yaris, with a new chassis, a lightweight body, and a new all-wheel-drive system. It also has 1.6-liter three-cylinder that makes an unheard of 268 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque.

There's so much hype around this car, in fact, that Road & Track called it a more exciting release than the 2020 Toyota GR Supra, and they have a point.

"Toyota has taken steps to revitalize their brand with the re-introduction of the new Supra," the petition states. "The problem is, the car is priced out of reach for a lot of the general population, and not the best choice as a year-round vehicle in areas that have snow on the roads 5 months a year."

If your feelings align with Altman and the rest of the hopeful Toyota and rally fans in North America, check out the petition and consider signing. At the time of this writing, 541 people have signed, but it's only just begun. The initial goal is 1,000, a number that will surely be hit.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The LACK OF 2 more doors would be one of the ONLY reasons I would ever consider buying a TOY for the very first (and what would be ONLY EVER!) time in my life. [wink]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I don’t know this is getting awfully expensive for what it is. If they brought in and asked 40k I would seriously be like meh I will buy a Supra. Don’t get me wrong its a bad ass concept. Looks a little fugly but that seems to be the norm these days. Lol
I just doubt Toyota would even think of bringing it here let alone in a two door. With the dismal sales numbers of the GT86 they would be like ya we have to have a hole in our heads petition be damned.

P.S. There was a petition to Nissan to build the IDX which I would have bought in a heartbeat. It did not make any difference. Car corps pay little attention to enthusiasts
petitions

sorry to rain on the parade but a dose of reality is needed here.

Oh and ya I will also stick with my FiST. Now if Ford decided to bring the MK8 over? I would buy that.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don’t know this is getting awfully expensive for what it is. If they brought in and asked 40k I would seriously be like meh I will buy a Supra. Don’t get me wrong its a bad ass concept. Looks a little fugly but that seems to be the norm these days. Lol
I just doubt Toyota would even think of bringing it here let alone in a two door. With the dismal sales numbers of the GT86 they would be like ya we have to have a hole in our heads petition be damned.

P.S. There was a petition to Nissan to build the IDX which I would have bought in a heartbeat. It did not make any difference. Car corps pay little attention to enthusiasts
petitions

Oh and ya I will also stick with my FiST. Now if Ford decided to bring the MK8 over? I would buy that.
:(

I still have hope though. I signed the petition lol

petitions

They're not bringing it over, but a petition and expressed interest isn't hurting anything.

GT86 numbers are probably low because it's long in the tooth, and pretty bare bones on tech. (Not to mention that turd of an engine.)