Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

These FiST's are a hot commodity

Some of the 18/19's are coming off lease right now..they are usually low mile and pretty nice ..but there are no free lunches. I found a 19 in white with every option under 9k miles lease take over for just under 20k, and happy to pay that. This will be my third in the last six years, first two i DD'ed and racked miles this one will be used on sundays. Best hatch ever!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Some of the 18/19's are coming off lease right now..they are usually low mile and pretty nice ..but there are no free lunches. I found a 19 in white with every option under 9k miles lease take over for just under 20k, and happy to pay that. This will be my third in the last six years, first two i DD'ed and racked miles this one will be used on sundays. Best hatch ever!
I'm almost inclined to buy a 2nd one. I wanted a Jeep or something similar, but they're expensive for what you get. If there's anything that can match the fun of a FiST for the price, I haven't driven it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm almost inclined to buy a 2nd one. I wanted a Jeep or something similar, but they're expensive for what you get. If there's anything that can match the fun of a FiST for the price, I haven't driven it.
Plus its a Jeep..that stands for Just Empty Every Pocket*

Just gotta move down to 2 wheels :)
Thats a dangerous move bro! My heart literally starts racing/thumping whenever i see someone in a sports car on my ass looking to get rowdy. And im driving a lowly fiesta! Imagine how many tickets i/many of us would have if the fiesta was capable of big boy speeds. Not that it isn't, but lets say we have alot more time to consider what were doing while we “buffer” up to speed haha. I know myself allllll too well to not step foot near a bike. Hi my names steve, and I'm addicted to speed :p

Although I enjoy mine, I have a 40 mile hilly highway commute that forces me to constantly shift up and down 4-6th gear. It's actually becoming annoying. On weekend when I take a backroad blast, it establishes my love for this car. I am definitely heading toward the end of my ownership this year.

Although I enjoy mine, I have a 40 mile hilly highway commute that forces me to constantly shift up and down 4-6th gear. It's actually becoming annoying. On weekend when I take a backroad blast, it establishes my love for this car. I am definitely heading toward the end of my ownership this year.
This is the main reason I sold my 2nd FiST for a Stinger. I loved the car when I was out in the hills, but more often that not I was taking my Miata on those drives. So the FiST was mostly doing highway duty, which it never really was great at. Nothing against the car, I just wasn't using it for its designed purpose. Better to pass it on to someone else to enjoy.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Merritt Parkway (15) is the highway?

This is the main reason I sold my 2nd FiST for a Stinger. I loved the car when I was out in the hills, but more often that not I was taking my Miata on those drives. So the FiST was mostly doing highway duty, which it never really was great at. Nothing against the car, I just wasn't using it for its designed purpose. Better to pass it on to someone else to enjoy.
What a coincidence. I am looking at at G70 to replace the FiST. The the MoF has green lighted a fun 2nd car in a few years

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
My wife and I have a G70 and there is no way I would daily drive that thing. The fuel mileage is horrendous compared to the fiesta.

Love the G70 but I swear I feel like I'm always at a gas station.

I will never not ever ever get rid of the fiesta.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Ohio valley is nothing but hills and don't have any issue with having to downshift for them... save for the fact that the people ahead of me often don't have any concept of momentum. So they crawl up the hill, build momentum on the downhill only to ANNOYINGLY cause me to brake just as they hit the next uphill. Cycling I learned to literally attack the downhill and beginning of the uphill which would make the last third of it simple. So yeah, whether I'm on the sport bike or FiST, depending on who you're behind if anyone, the downshifting is just a manual transmission thing that you don't necessarily notice in a torque-converter based automatic shi(f)t tranny.

Another point, I think a lot of manual trans owners are thinking they're lugging the engine when they're really okay; more especially if they're naturally aspirated or late-model stock turbo. If putting the hammer down for rapid acceleration from take off doesn't damage the engine, neither will moseying on up short hill at lower RPM. Damage only begins to accrue if the engine literally overheats, or/and the crank looses inertia and begins to stall. Barring ridiculous extremes, a little stronger vibration pushing a hill doesn't hurt it, absent of the aforementioned conditions.

Last edited:
My wife and I have a G70 and there is no way I would daily drive that thing. The fuel mileage is horrendous compared to the fiesta.

So now you have me thinking G70+40 mile commute is a deal breaker or just the price to pay.

cant think of anything else . Need 4 doors for kids be able to commute and bomb down a backroad with an annual track day.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I will put it to you like this if you want to have fun with it you're going to get the same fuel mileage as a hemi ram.
If you drive like Grandma maybe you will get 22.

Why can't you have multiple cars if you can afford a G70 you can afford a fiesta and a commuter car for your kids

Very little rear leg room in the G70 as well. If your kids start growing they are going to be uncomfortable. I'm only 5'7 so not like I'm tall.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
No 84 between Waterbury and Danbury. The Merritt would be a little better sans traffic. I recall seeing a lot of exotics on the Merritt.
But that stretch of road is not all that hilly, although it would require a bunch of shifting when stuck in heavy rush hour traffic.

Other than a Miata or BRZ, nothing is really going to match the FiST for smiles per gallon. I've come close to 40 mpg a few times with the FiSTs I owned. That said, like all turbo cars, economy in the city sucks.

So now you have me thinking G70+40 mile commute is a deal breaker or just the price to pay.

cant think of anything else . Need 4 doors for kids be able to commute and bomb down a backroad with an annual track day.
The Stinger beats the EPA ratings pretty easily. I get around 26-27 mpg on the highway in normal driving (which is not slow). It's not amazing, but it's decent for what it is. If you want the power and the comfort, that's the price you pay. The 3.3TT is a sweet engine that happily revs and doesn't seem to have any turbo lag, so it's hard to stay light on the go pedal.