Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

They'd be fools not too...But then again this is America and ferd we are talking about.

CSM

1000 Post Club
If anything, about the only thing I take away from that Tweet is that Farley never agreed with Hackett's decision to drop cars from the Ford lineup.

I doubt we will see the Puma sold over here. The reality is that if it was priced to compete with the Kona N, the margins would be slim and Ford would make little money on each unit since they are produced in Europe and not anywhere close like Mexico (where our Fiesta ST was produced for NAM market).

I predict the NAM focus will continue to be on trucks, SUVs, and electric. I think Mach E is going to be a success for Ford and they will capitalize on stealing sales from Tesla, and will expand the Electric line down the road.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
If anything, about the only thing I take away from that Tweet is that Farley never agreed with Hackett's decision to drop cars from the Ford lineup.

I doubt we will see the Puma sold over here. The reality is that if it was priced to compete with the Kona N, the margins would be slim and Ford would make little money on each unit since they are produced in Europe and not anywhere close like Mexico (where our Fiesta ST was produced for NAM market).

I predict the NAM focus will continue to be on trucks, SUVs, and electric. I think Mach E is going to be a success for Ford and they will capitalize on stealing sales from Tesla, and will expand the Electric line down the road.
But not a lot of people wanna commit to 50k + electric cars yet. If people think what's going on in Texas is bad with the rolling blackouts due to the storms, just wait when people have more electric cars and our killer obsolete power grid is being pushed to the brink. They as in the GOVT. think they'er doing good.....They aren't doing any better as the precious minerals and strip mining that must be done all over the world to provide the materials for the batteries. Then there comes the byproducts of that mining and the disposal of batteries and recycling. NOT all that can be recycled either...Where will we put it? launch it into outerspace? Try to bury it in the ground? None of that works...its all a bunch of politician's getting rich with insider trading and taking advantage of third world countries for their resources. Sad thing is we are all falling for it hook...line and sinker. Watch the price of electricity go up a lot ...some people cant afford power now....it will be even worse. Just wait and see.....it will be ugly.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
But not a lot of people wanna commit to 50k + electric cars yet. If people think what's going on in Texas is bad with the rolling blackouts due to the storms, just wait when people have more electric cars and our killer obsolete power grid is being pushed to the brink. They as in the GOVT. think they'er doing good.....They aren't doing any better as the precious minerals and strip mining that must be done all over the world to provide the materials for the batteries. Then there comes the byproducts of that mining and the disposal of batteries and recycling. NOT all that can be recycled either...Where will we put it? launch it into outerspace? Try to bury it in the ground? None of that works...its all a bunch of politician's getting rich with insider trading and taking advantage of third world countries for their resources. Sad thing is we are all falling for it hook...line and sinker. Watch the price of electricity go up a lot ...some people cant afford power now....it will be even worse. Just wait and see.....it will be ugly.
Agreed. Electric is NOT the environmental boon it's advertised to be for all of the reasons you cited and more. Even solar has its detrimental environmental effects by absorbing sunlight, reducing what is now reflected back. But i digress. I'm keeping an eye on Porsche's eFuel initiative for a green alternative.

This Puma will make a great EcoSport replacement but nothing more. But that in itself is much needed as that EcoSport is pure junk. The best we can hope for is a watered down version with the requisite slush box. We will never see the 6 speed corner carving ST version here. But some off chance they do bring a real ST version here before my wife's FoST comes off lease, then we may take a serious look at one.

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Well here is a little tid bit from the higher up Mr.Farley wishing we had the Puma in the states....Its a glimmer or a flash in the pan. But just maybe.....Maybe it will happen.

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/17/ford-ceo-jim-farley-puma-st-america/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000618
Just some rambling here....
He can keep on wishing. It's the lemming amurican buyers that are forcing us kind out of the market. And by us kind, I mean car enthusiasts that appreciate fast things in small packages. We know the FiST should have been the FiRS, just as the Corolla GR should have been the Yaris GR. But Furd also knew a FiRS wouldn't have the market share a FiST would have and same for the Corolla vs Yaris. It's a business. Demand and Supply. No demand = no supply. We are outnumbered by sheeple that think these cars are too small. Well, they are for non-enthusiasts and that's where the market share in amurica is. Pseudo-enthusiasts, 'weekend wannabee's', 'bigger is better'. We don't have the numbers to get those cars here anymore. Add to that the changing demographics of the buyers' age... Boomers are on their way out. GenX is aging, it's a vicious cycle.

What should Furd have done? Kept the Fiesta, but in a non-street legal track version. Stripped down to bare essentials, yada yada. Pure track car format. Whoa, I just woke up....was I typing while sleeping again?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
As ive said, the fiesta will still be my last ford for good reason. I dont want a crossover. I want a car.
So that points my money cannon at either volkswagen or subaru really. And having a budget thats been squeezed hard by covid its currently making more sense to put time, love, and money into wifes gti, and my fiesta ST. At least until one or both are paid off. Wife wants a crosstrek. So that maybe what we get next for her.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
As ive said, the fiesta will still be my last ford for good reason. I dont want a crossover. I want a car.
So that points my money cannon at either volkswagen or subaru really. And having a budget thats been squeezed hard by covid its currently making more sense to put time, love, and money into wifes gti, and my fiesta ST. At least until one or both are paid off. Wife wants a crosstrek. So that maybe what we get next for her.
Sadly, there will NEVER be a Crosstrek STI (for better or for worse??).

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #11
Agreed. Electric is NOT the environmental boon it's advertised to be for all of the reasons you cited and more. Even solar has its detrimental environmental effects by absorbing sunlight, reducing what is now reflected back. But i digress. I'm keeping an eye on Porsche's eFuel initiative for a green alternative.

This Puma will make a great EcoSport replacement but nothing more. But that in itself is much needed as that EcoSport is pure junk. The best we can hope for is a watered down version with the requisite slush box. We will never see the 6 speed corner carveing ST version here. But some off chance they do bring a real ST version here before my wife's FoST comes off lease, then we may take a serious look at one.
Ecosport....that abomination...id rather put ice picks through my Balls than be caught in one!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Who would pay $38K (27,000 Pounds in UK mid price) in the USA for a mini CUV that holds 4 people? You can buy a loaded Escape for less! Plus it would take 2 years to tool up the Mexican lines and EPA certify the car......Ford is not stupid enough to entertain a folly like this. They do a much better making a 15-20% profit by a face lifted F-150 and SUV's every few years and dumping the lower profit cars or $ losers like the FiST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Ecosport....that abomination...id rather put ice picks through my Balls than be caught in one!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
The Mazda CX30 is by far the best in class when it comes to vehicles like the Ecosport. Anytime I see someone driving a Ecosport I think to myself man that is one dumb individual.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

The Mazda CX30 is by far the best in class when it comes to vehicles like the Ecosport. Anytime I see someone driving a Ecosport I think to myself man that is one dumb individual.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I'm not the kind of person who judges people by the car they drive but I simply can't help it when it comes to that monstrosity.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I feel like I'm the crazy person here, but why are we getting excited about an CUV here? This is nothing more than a Ford Juke and it's just as ugly. I could not be less excited about a "hot CUV".
Ford Juke. :ROFLMAO: