Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thinking of trading WRX for FiST

OP
S
Thread Starter #21
"Hey you're interested in trading in for this car, and we won't let you try it out because you don't know if you want it yet!"
Isn't the point of a test drive to see if you really like a car? Jesus Christ... I wouldn't buy a car from them even if the car was exactly what you wanted.
Moronic. I have a feeling I'll get a phone call asking if I'm still interested in it. He even acted shocked that I wanted to get rid of my WRX, and that I thought the Fiesta ST could be better. [paranoid]

OP
S
Thread Starter #22
My hockey bag fits in the rear, but its tight. I then just put the sticks in the passenger sear off to the side. It fits, but i only play forward. If you're a goalie, you may need to fold them to fit it all. I came from an XC90, which had immense storage, and like 14 cup holders. I have only missed the space a few times, and mostly on long highway trips that are not much fun to drive on anyways (think long and flat).

Let me know if you'd like me to take a pic with my bag in the trunk.
If you have a chance, I wouldn't mind seeing a pic. Thanks! I'm not a goalie thankfully. Would a stick not fit from the back seat area into the trunk even with the seats down?

FistSt215

The sound and the looks are probably my favorite parts of the car. I'd only say it's "good" to drive though, not great. I can see why some people love them though. I agree with what someone else had said, that the WRX is still "cooler" than the Fiesta ST. I tend to be drawn to things that aren't very popular though. I passed 3 or 4 WRX's just on the drive back from the dealer today. Too bad I dont live in your area anymore or we could swap test drives.
Yeah would love to drive the wrx. Never driven one .

I went from a 11 WRX w/ 300whp/350wtq to my FiST. The FiST is definitely more fun in my opinion. Now with stage 3 it's hilarious fun.

Moronic. I have a feeling I'll get a phone call asking if I'm still interested in it. He even acted shocked that I wanted to get rid of my WRX, and that I thought the Fiesta ST could be better. [paranoid]
I'm very close to you. We could meet for a spin this week. Send me a PM.

As far as dealers are concerned, BS. You must have gone to either O'Meara or Sil Terhar, right? O'Meara did the same with me on a FoST. I still bought one, but not form them.

I picked my FiST up from Phil Long Denver. Randolph is da man and will get you what you want. They searched far and wide and brought me what I wanted. I happened to get a killer lease deal on this car regardless of the 250 or so miles it had already. Whatever. It drives like magic.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

OP
S
Thread Starter #26
I'm very close to you. We could meet for a spin this week. Send me a PM.

As far as dealers are concerned, BS. You must have gone to either O'Meara or Sil Terhar, right? O'Meara did the same with me on a FoST. I still bought one, but not form them.

I picked my FiST up from Phil Long Denver. Randolph is da man and will get you what you want. They searched far and wide and brought me what I wanted. I happened to get a killer lease deal on this car regardless of the 250 or so miles it had already. Whatever. It drives like magic.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.
PM'd you, thanks!

Yep, it was at Omeara. I will give Phil Long a look, I think they may have one.

"Hey you're interested in trading in for this car, and we won't let you try it out because you don't know if you want it yet!"
Isn't the point of a test drive to see if you really like a car? Jesus Christ... I wouldn't buy a car from them even if the car was exactly what you wanted.
Go to another dealer, that is idiotic.

I had a 2004 WRX wagon prior to buying the FiST. As everybody else has said, the Fiesta feels more visceral to drive, and is definitely quicker (not faster) than the WRX was.

If you have a chance, I wouldn't mind seeing a pic. Thanks! I'm not a goalie thankfully. Would a stick not fit from the back seat area into the trunk even with the seats down?
I have not played the past couple weekends so I have not lugged the bag down three flights of stairs and across the street to the lot where the car parks. I'll get around to it, but I PROMISE it fits. It's an Easton air bag...

OP
S
Thread Starter #29
I have not played the past couple weekends so I have not lugged the bag down three flights of stairs and across the street to the lot where the car parks. I'll get around to it, but I PROMISE it fits. It's an Easton air bag...
Don't worry about it. I believe you :)

I traded a 2015 STI for a 2014 FiST.

#noregrets

But really, like everyone said. Of course the 2015 WRX and STI are all new and way better than their predecessors and blah blah blah, but lag, too much weight and grip, and not enough soul just didn't do it for me. Something about going 80 mph in the city and feeling like you're going 25 just doesn't resonate the same way as lift-throttle oversteering through downtown at 25 mph, laughing like a maniac while nobody notices...

Really, do it. I get 36 mpg on long drives. Did 26 mpg in the Subie, once, with a HUGE tailwind. Normal highway was 22.5. It adds up. The handling, lag-free motor, hilarity of having that much fun in a tiny Ford, and ability to turn it into something so stupidly fast + sharp make it a no-brainer. In subies you add power and pray it doesn't go boom, it the FiST you add power to make it just a tiny bit unbalanced, add coilovers to make it a bit more comfy and sharp, and run "real-world" circles around all the laggy rally cars.

If you track your car less than 5 times per year, the FiST might be the best hot hatch/overamped turbo 4 on the market.