Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Third gear pull for data logging, right?

Im recording some data logs with my Cobb Stage 2 setup. (Cobb IC, panel K&N, Cobb S2 OTS 91 map). Let me get the conditions right to start recording. Flat surface, ESC completely off and third gear. What RPM do I go full throttle? 3k? Should I see any timing being pulled at about 3200? Right after I floor it, I'm seeing around a negative 1.5 degrees for a split second, then it goes positive by 3500 and increases to about 10-12 degrees positive to redline. Is that brief -1.5 normal right after mashing the gas. I'm seeing 20psi peak (I'm at 4k elev). Using Chevron 91 and ambients are around 45*. I'm using Dash Command on my iPhone since I don't have to worry about running any OBD2 cables. The program doesn't have as many parameters as the AP. Should I use the AP instead and if so, what would be best to monitor.

EDIT: I just discovered that datazap thread and find it to be pretty nifty. After going over several peoples logs, it all appears normal.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
3rd gear is fine for getting most of it sorted out but you want some 4th gear runs later on so find a safe place to do it.

Start at 2500, go to your chosen redline, mine is 6500 but it goes higher before I can lift with the cyborg turbo making 21+ PSI, 6800 sometimes.

Pay for a tune, there is to much to do to figure this out on your own unless you are already very well versed in this and have plenty of time to spend on it.

Panda, Freaktune, etc, far better than most anybody can do on their own unless very experienced, money very well spent;)

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Im recording some data logs with my Cobb Stage 2 setup. (Cobb IC, panel K&N, Cobb S2 OTS 91 map). Let me get the conditions right to start recording. Flat surface, ESC completely off and third gear. What RPM do I go full throttle? 3k? Should I see any timing being pulled at about 3200? Right after I floor it, I'm seeing around a negative 1.5 degrees for a split second, then it goes positive by 3500 and increases to about 10-12 degrees positive to redline. Is that brief -1.5 normal right after mashing the gas. I'm seeing 20psi peak (I'm at 4k elev). Using Chevron 91 and ambients are around 45*. I'm using Dash Command on my iPhone since I don't have to worry about running any OBD2 cables. The program doesn't have as many parameters as the AP. Should I use the AP instead and if so, what would be best to monitor.

EDIT: I just discovered that datazap thread and find it to be pretty nifty. After going over several peoples logs, it all appears normal.
use 4th gear

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
4th is preferred for fine tuning but the chances of getting a big ticket for many drivers is not worth the risk when most things can be sorted out with 3rd gear runs then fine tuning with 4th gear runs, according to my tuner whom I trust:)

I do enjoy 4th gear more of course and well into 5th was great fun on the track and I made quite a few logs and did some tweaking myself before I went for the pro tune.

Just far to many police and far to few places to safely do it here, traffic not the issue, just where I have to do it.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
4th on a FiST would take forever and you would need tons of room. 3rd is just fine, I tune mine in 3rd and it works just dandy and 25min track sessions all day long proven.

In my Evo, different story, I think I can do a full 3rd gear and 4th gear sweep in less distance than the FiST would take to do a full 4th gear pull. haha

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
3rd gear is easy for me to get away with, I have made 111 runs so far and not busted:) 4th gear, I never have gone to my 6800 redline as just no place to run it and not get caught.