Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

This is for DJ1L Crazy Edge Sport

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Pretty nasty for a mid size SUV. [raceflag]

But I have to wonder if they could have just super shielded a set of catcon downpipes much better than the factory did, and kept the under hood temps down, while not losing much power. [dunno]

A shame that Ford does not have a true, good, SMG AWD gearbox for them to use. [:(]

Wonder how much of that could apply to a Fusion Sport? Same basic drivetrain, and they're going for the mid $20k range from what I've seen.

I imagine that a lot like trying to push more power through the Stinger, your next weak link is going to be the transfer case/PTO gearbox. Sounds like they already have been through a transmission (another weak link on tuned Stingers).

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Wonder how much of that could apply to a Fusion Sport? Same basic drivetrain, and they're going for the mid $20k range from what I've seen.
First of all the video posted is of a Ford Edge with a V6.
I own a Ford Escape 2.0 turbo L4. This is the same as the Focus ST
The Fusion has the same drivetrain as the Escape, not the Edge, the V6 is not available in the Fusion.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
The Fusion has the same drivetrain as the Escape, not the Edge, the V6 is not available in the Fusion.
They all look the same Dave:ROFLMAO:

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
They are very different.
To be honest I own a '16 Edge with a V6 (non turbo) as well, My mom drives this one.
lol that was a joke Dave and ya I made mistake in the beginning forgetting it was an Escape you bought. Its all in fun though and an excuse to post a jaw dropping vehicle .

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
ol that was a joke Dave and ya I made mistake in the beginning forgetting it was an Escape you bought. Its all in fun though and an excuse to post a jaw dropping vehicle .
I do understand and I would love to make our Escape perform anywhere close to that, there are only two problems with that.
First, my wife won't let me mod it. :(
Second, she wont let me drive it. :(

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I do understand and I would love to make our Escape perform anywhere close to that, there are only two problems with that.
First, my wife won't let me mod it. :(
Second, she wont let me drive it. :(
David! Who says they have to know?...Just be Like surprise its tuned now! Its just like showing up with a puppy or a kitty....Once they get to hold it or play with it....its staying forever![driving]

The 2.7L Ecoboost V6 was available in the Fusion Sport for the 2017MY.

The Fusion and Edge ride on the same platform (CD4/CD3 depending on generation) and actually share a lot of their interior parts. Much in the same way the Escape is just a focus on stilts, the Edge is/was just a Fusion on stilts. Although while the Edge/Fusion and escape share the 6F35 gearbox, the Focus got shafted by Ford’s dry dual clutch powershift trans which is a pile of garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
One of those Fusion Sports tuned/modded like this Edge is, would be a hellacious sleeper, and handle a bit better as well. [thumb]
I’ve always like Ford’s sedans. I dunno why, but my obsession began with arguably the ugliest car in the world: the ‘96-‘99 Ford Taurus SHO. 3.4L V8, FWD and computer controlled dampers (although nowhere near what stuff can do nowadays). I’ve had a healthy respect for even the newer SHOs and the Fusion Sport seemed like a pretty sweet package, although in my opinion since you aren’t getting sports car handling out of either of them I’d still go with the Taurus SHO with the better engine. Same gearbox in either car though.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
I’ve always like Ford’s sedans. I dunno why, but my obsession began with arguably the ugliest car in the world: the ‘96-‘99 Ford Taurus SHO. 3.4L V8, FWD and computer controlled dampers (although nowhere near what stuff can do nowadays). I’ve had a healthy respect for even the newer SHOs and the Fusion Sport seemed like a pretty sweet package, although in my opinion since you aren’t getting sports car handling out of either of them I’d still go with the Taurus SHO with the better engine. Same gearbox in either car though.

The Police car awd turbo SHO is nothing to sneeze it.

The Police car awd turbo SHO is nothing to sneeze it.
Not all of them are AWD TTV6s, some of them are FWD 2.0 Ecoboost engines too. Remember reading an article a couple years back that was saying how even the 2.0 Taurus was pursuit rated and was quicker than the Crown Victoria that most departments were replacing at the time. Seems like all I see anymore are Ford Explorer Patrol cars though.

I'm just glad that cops don't use hyper cars or souped up cars like in mad max. Although that would be awesome to see now that I think about it.