Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Crazy cylinder #2 corrections?

Hey there! Happy Friday friends.

Got spooked when a CEL popped on the way to work this morning. Was in a weird situation where I was into the throttle a little heavy on 5th gear and saw the light switch on. Scared me but the code was P144C (lol). I think this is irrelevant to the actual issue I hope.

I just assumed the worst and switch the AP to monitor all cyclinder corrections and #2 is just going crazy. Swinging from -19 to +43 if I can believe the min / max on the AP. Seems to straighten up under load, kind of. Didn't and hasn't felt rough at all. I've emailed MonsterTuned with logs and this video in case it's part of the octane learning process, or just anything else they can provide insight on. Have been back on my AdaptX tune for the past month and like I said no issues to speak of.

Pulled the spark plug lead and wiring connector off to reseat. Didn't want to pull the plug yet, so hot and felt pretty stuck in there and wasn't in a place where I could reference what the other plugs felt like. Might be doing this in a bit though! On top of swapping back to the factory tune for troubleshooting if deemed necessary.

Just wanted to start a thread in case any of you had insight, questions, anything to help figure this out hahaa!

Idle AP readings: https://youtube.com/shorts/X_YMBlit8NU?feature=share

Last edited:
OP
NATYPE
Thread Starter #2
Update #1!

May have been worried about something that isn't there. Haven't quite understood the logic behind the cylinder #2 correction numbers (just purely based on my hands on experience so far) but logs have been taken, sent, analyzed, and okay'd so I'm more confident there's nothing really going on here to worry about.

Have to appreciate fast and responsive support. :giggle:

Update #2!

Don't panic and make sure your AP is displaying what you think it is. All that anxiety when I could've just realized I had selected ignition timing and that's why the numbers didn't make sense. :LOL:

Last edited:
That's good. Funnily enough both my old Scion(had the Evap code,bad purge solenoid when I traded it in) and just a week after buying my Fist guess what? Damn code followed me lol. Well dealer replaced the purge valve solenoid on the FiST under emissions warranty. Damn code has followed me around from car to car lol. As long as the burned out cylinder1 coil ghost doesnt follow me also I'll be happy since it seemed only that coil would burn out every 5 years like clock work on my scion.