Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tire/Wheel Width

I’m looking to get a new set of wheels and tires for my fiesta (STephanie). I was looking at the back end the other day and noticed that tires and wheels are super thin. I am wanting a more aggressive look. Maybe with a little stick out from the fender. What width and offset would be recommended? If you guys have pictures please post them and tell me your specs of your wheels and tires and offset of them! Thanks in advance!!

Erick_V

What wheel size are you thinking about? 15,16,17? Are you willing to roll your fenders? Are you on stock suspension or coils or springs?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
OP
S
Thread Starter #4
LOL, Thank you JDG. My lady named it. I will take a look at those links. Erick, I am looking at getting 17’s and I am running on completely stock suspension, as far as rolling my fenders. I would consider it. What do you have in mind?

Erick_V

If you're staying stock height you shouldn't have any issues running anywhere from a 35mm to 47mm offset on an 17x7 or 17x8. When you go lower you'll have to take more things into account. If I was getting another 17 inch wheel I would go with a 17x7 on a 205/40/17 tire. If you go down on size to 16's you'll have more options as far as tires go. Also it will ride better

That’s what I am currently running. 205/40/17. I am wanting a wider tire/wheel.
215 is as wide as you'll get without modifying anything. Some people run 225s but I hear they rub a lot. You're going to need to cut the fenders if you're wanting to go wider. I'm currently on 215/40/17.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I agree most painless is 215/40/17 on 17X8's even with a 1" drop. Depending on the tire model you maybe able to do 225's but check the ACTUAL tire width. They do differ enough make to make and model to model so some fit some don't. Suggest to keep the overall OD under 24" otherwise it will screw up the gearing and not feel as snappy. I noticed it just doing the 215's. Benefit of this setup is much better rim protection over bumps and potholes and snow. Small loss in steering response but I was tired of bottoming out the rubber band 205's. Federal 595RR's for the summer. Great tire , price, sticky and great steering response. Get thru Walmart. They shipped FRESH tires not old stock. Be real aware of that when you see a blowout price on tires for anything. I've been sent crap that was 3-4 years old for motorcycles no less. Sent back in a heartbeat. There is a shelf life no matter what the tire dealers or companies tell you. FYI every tire has a DOT required 4 didgit manufacturing date molded into the side wall. First two are the week of the year, the second two the year. Good Luck, Stan

PunkST

2000 Post Club
My car on 16x7 et20 wheels, when it was on stock suspension. Also had a 5mm spacer on the rear wheels. Tires were a 205 45 iirc. No longer have this setup. Only barely rubbed the rear on full compression with a loaded trunk.
:coffee:

EDIT. I should also note that the backspacing on these wheels didnt clear my front caliper brackets. So i shaved the bracket by about 1/8". Otherwise id have had to run a spacer up front. FB_IMG_1577075480774.jpg

Last edited:
My car on 16x7 et20 wheels, when it was on stock suspension. Also had a 5mm spacer on the rear wheels. Tires were a 205 45 iirc. No longer have this setup. Only barely rubbed the rear on full compression with a loaded trunk.
:coffee:

EDIT. I should also note that the backspacing on these wheels didnt clear my front caliper brackets. So i shaved the bracket by about 1/8". Otherwise id have had to run a spacer up front. View attachment 26353
That looks amazing and I cannot imagine how hard it was to keep those wheels clean.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Actually really easy, lol. They were dipped grey. I do want another set of something small like this again.

Actually really easy, lol. They were dipped grey. I do want another set of something small like this again.
That's crazy. I put the 'red stuff' pads on and still have to clean them every few days. Maybe it's just the shape of my wheels that pulls all the crud to the cups.