Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tires for Arizona weather?

Hop

U.S. Air Force Veteran
What tires would be good for Arizona weather? Our summers range up to around 115ºF on average, and winters around mid-to-low 40's. The wheels I am looking to pick up are 17x7.5. Looking for something that the heat won't tear up as fast. We put some cheap-o tires on my gf's kia and those things prematurely wear after around 1.5 years and at like 15k miles.. Our roads and heat eat tires for breakfast.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I would go with something in the summer tire category, but NOT the 200 or under tread wear track/autocross class.

Something like the 300 tread wear Yokohama Flevas V701s, or the 460 tread wear (might hold up to the heat better) Kumho Ecsta PS31s in a 215/40-17 size would be great for year 'round use there in the desert.

They would also be much less negatively effected by any brief dips in temp below your above stated mid to low 40s range than any of the stickier 200 tread wear gumballs.

OP
Hop

Hop

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #5
If you're looking for a year-around tire that wears well and also performs well, probably the Michelin PS/AS4. That would even serve in the occasional snowstorm if you're around Flagstaff.
I'll check them out. I sometimes go to flag during the winter, but we usually take the truck when we go :D