Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Todays game: "Name that tire issue".

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #3
Heat? And too much of it? They look blistered.

Jealous of you R compound types. DD folk like me in the hinterlands need the wheedy tires.
I really dont know tbh. It's odd that they would both be blistered in the same spot.....right down the middle. Right?

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #5
Rubbing on anything?
I think your right. I pulled the front bumper chasing a boost leak, and I noticed the inner fender lining had some rub spots. I think you nailed it. Thank you.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Te
Heat? And too much of it? They look blistered.

Jealous of you R compound types. DD folk like me in the hinterlands need the wheedy tires.
Technically, they are not 'R compound', albeit the current crop of 200 tread wear stickies is getting closer and closer to the performance of the actual, 00-50 tread wear R compound slick gumballs every evolution (and also closer to their lightning quick wear rates as well, unfortunately [:(] ).

I solve the above dilemma by having multiple (read; TOO MANY [wink]) sets of wheels/tires, so my 200 tread wear ones are only on the car for a few months a year.

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #7
Te

Technically, they are not 'R compound', albeit the current crop of 200 tread wear stickies is getting closer and closer to the performance of the actual, 00-50 tread wear R compound slick gumballs every evolution (and also closer to their lightning quick wear rates as well, unfortunately [:(] ).

I solve the above dilemma by having multiple (read; TOO MANY [wink]) sets of wheels/tires, so my 200 tread wear ones are only on the car for a few months a year.
888r's are 100tw tho. Not quite an "R compound"....but not quite a "200tw" either.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
888r's are 100tw tho. Not quite an "R compound"....but not quite a "200tw" either.
There is also the Pirelli Trofeo R, which is given a 50 tread wear rating by that company, but I'd like to know just how they compare, performance wise, to the full slick, more race radial construction type, 50 tread wear BFG R1s, and any other of those actual slick, 'R compound' donuts above a 00 rating, but not over 50. [dunno]

I said R compound in the context of so far from a street daily upper midwest tire. I can't run that -200 TW stuff on the daily, in the rain, road trips, cold mornings etc.

Would love to feel the car on those types of tires and enjoy the socal/Miami nights though.