Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Torn induction hose

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #41
Comment on their twitter politely (but publicly) asking how to get a response from customer service. It’s sad, but thats frequently the only way I get “big” vendors to respond in a timely manner.
I ended up getting my issue resolved over phone. But as for @Geebs thats another route to take if all else fails.

I’m still waiting for mine as well.. Ordered June 1st. the website does currently say they are adding people to a waiting list. The website did say for weeks until just recently that it was in stock and shipping though..
You should not have to call in this day and age email is just as efficient. Most recent Email was over the weekend and haven’t heard back as of yet.. maybe I’ll complain to PayPal. Was my first aftermarket part for my car and the experience has been less then acceptable. I plan on calling tomorrow if my work schedule allows it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just ordered my second hose from Whoosh and it will arrive tomorrow. [ridinghorse] Sounds like you need to CANCEL your order and get one from whoosh instead.

Mountune has terrible communication skills and they are less than transparent in the shipping department. I was waiting for the oil sump kit for a month before I cancelled and went to Pumaspeed. I waited longer for the short block. No phone calls or emails. Finally they told me they were having issues with Ford crankshafts. Back of the house is fine. The front of the house needs a house cleaning

Business6

Mountune will ship out the stuff they are just very old school about it. A lot of you don’t realize this but it used to be you ordered stuff on the net and a few weeks later you would get it. You all have been spoiled by Amazon and the likes with their same day and next day shipping and Prime 2 day gurantee delivery.
In the automotive world most of us strive to be that way but sometimes run into back orders and Mountune definitely falls into that category.
My FB3 package came in 3 seperate shipments due backorders. I did get everything and you will get your hose just relax. Calling them every single day may not make it ship any faster.
Your guys are absolutely right, I was trying to be patient and in the end just got myself aggravated....If I don't get a response tomorrow I'll try calling. I thought about it and almost took a blue one but the truth is I really want the black, I just want a little more stealth you know, something that doesn't pop right out at you when you open the hood. Don't get me wrong, the colors look real cool, just not.....me I guess. For the record I hope it works out because I really want this damn thing!!(y)
No, sorry, but that's bullshit. They're a company and they need to be on top of issues like this with basic responses. If they're that busy they can hire more people to do that sort of work specifically and actually create a customer service department. If they're not that busy then it's just laziness or indifference.

Their track record, to me, seems indicative of a company who started strong but is dealing with reality. If the ST and RS programs were continued by Ford for cars and not land-going sailboats they'd have new revenue streams to work on but it's all diminishing returns now. Their behavior is similar to that of DHM and other companies that have gone belly up or see the end coming.

Whether or not that's the case only time will tell but to blame the only thing keeping them in business for expecting any type of response is ridiculous.

Man its disappointing to read this thread - I was planning to buy the Mountune intake hose for my 2016 since it seems to be the one and only solution that doesnt involve replacing the EVAP lines from the 14/15 model year.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
[
Man its disappointing to read this thread - I was planning to buy the Mountune intake hose for my 2016 since it seems to be the one and only solution that doesnt involve replacing the EVAP lines from the 14/15 model year.
I would still buy it if I were and I did I have one on my car. Mountune stands behind their stuff outside of user error like I.e tearing a product apart that is not meant to be. Lol
Thing is al lot modern day kids think everything needs to shipped overnight and immediately ready and there for them. The word back order does not seem to exist in their vocabulary. Nor does the idea of actually using a telephone to communicate. Not every checks email every 15 minutes nor does text messages.

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #48
It's a great product. I have it on my 16 and would still definitely recommend it. You can tell it's quality and they do stand by their stuff as I got my replacement after the tear, though like others have said the correspondence isn't the greatest.

So I called today... voicemail... the product was not backordered when I ordered it nor was it for the four weeks after. They should at least send out an update to people who have ordered a product they are clearly refusing to make at this point.. telling them they are either giving up on that product or have had difficulty with their manufacturing or defects in an old design that they are trying to fix.. communication is everything and part of any successful business.

Business6

[
I would still buy it if I were and I did I have one on my car. Mountune stands behind their stuff outside of user error like I.e tearing a product apart that is not meant to be. Lol
Thing is al lot modern day kids think everything needs to shipped overnight and immediately ready and there for them. The word back order does not seem to exist in their vocabulary. Nor does the idea of actually using a telephone to communicate. Not every checks email every 15 minutes nor does text messages.
Apparently the word back order doesn't exist for Mountune, either. My post has nothing to do with the quality of their items but instead their inability to communicate.

We get that you're trying to make this out to be about "modern kids" while ignoring the obvious issues that keep coming up with Mountune's customer service. Apparently it's everyone's fault but theirs but that's cool, I guess it's just an age thing.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Apparently the word back order doesn't exist for Mountune, either. My post has nothing to do with the quality of their items but instead their inability to communicate.

We get that you're trying to make this out to be about "modern kids" while ignoring the obvious issues that keep coming up with Mountune's customer service. Apparently it's everyone's fault but theirs but that's cool, I guess it's just an age thing.
I am not trying to make it out be anything other than it is I and I am not defending Mountune. I am stating thats the way they seem to do business and suggestions of how to work within those parameters, Some of us have done business with and worked in those parameters and received our product.
I ordered a FB3 package from them that was shipped in separate parts over the course of a month or so. Did I think it was odd ? Sure did I call them and ask yes. I was told stuff was on backorder, I did not one item for almost two months. In the end I got it. So cautionary word here is.
Call them before you order or email and ask if item is in stock. Do not think just because its on their site and orderable its in stock.
There are plenty of businesses on Amazon doing the same thing. I try to call if possible.
I was pointing out a lot of the younger generation seems to have an aversion to the telephone sorry if you took it personally. It was not meant specifically towards you.
Again I am not laying blame on anyone here so do not put those words in my mouth. All did do was point out the aversion.
Also remember if you are in different time zone your call could wind up before or after their normal business hours. Again this is just a word to help not hinder or lay blame.

After my rant yesterday I was going to call today after work but they called me first. I got a voicemail from Mountune asking me to call them regarding my order. I did and was told that they were sorry for the long delay but they are waiting for the adapters to be machined. You guys all know the pieces that attach to the intake tube and allow those of us with 16 -19's to actually use the intake. They had a brand new black hose and an adapter that was a "floor" model. He asked me if I was interested and would email me pics as it had a couple scratches on the underside. He guaranteed it would work perfectly so I told him sure thing I'll take a look so he sent me 2 pics right away, they looked perfectly fine to me honestly so I accepted and was told it should ship out today. Additionally he gave me a $25 web credit for the delay. I thanked him for the call and for giving me an option! Funny how I bitch on here one time and next thing I know I get a real response.....maybe you guys have some secret powers!!! I stand by my complaints yesterday but I will say that as of right now I'm feeling satisfied and if everything works out I will order from them again. But first I will do as Dpro suggested and call first. I'll let you all know how it turns out, also it seems like these intakes might be on backorder for a while longer.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Buy one from Whoosh....takes a couple days to get! Cheaper! And doesn't take weeks to month's to obtain.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Mountune has terrible communication skills and they are less than transparent in the shipping department. I was waiting for the oil sump kit for a month before I cancelled and went to Pumaspeed. I waited longer for the short block. No phone calls or emails. Finally they told me they were having issues with Ford crankshafts. Back of the house is fine. The front of the house needs a house cleaning
we have Pro Alloy sumps in stock

Received and installed my hose last week. Quality seems good, there is a little more turbo and blow off noise. Install was easy as expected. Also found a place for my sticker.

Received and installed my hose last week. Quality seems good, there is a little more turbo and blow off noise. Install was easy as expected. Also found a place for my sticker.

I felt like my induction hose made my crossover quieter.. weird.

And I wish I had a privacy cover like yours to put my sticker on :p.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just wanted to update, I got it today! Fit is great, looks great and took all of 10 mins to install. Long wait but I am happy so far. Hopefully it lives up to it's rep and doesn't throw a code!! View attachment 22068
I've had mine since January. No problems. A little more intake whoosh and BOV sound, but not a lot. I like it a lot better than the symposer sound.