Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tow Hook/ Tow strap

Has anyone installed one yet? I wanted to get one just for the racecar look lol but do you have to drill any holes anywhere or does it hook up to something ive never installed one im a newb.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
On the 5 door car you will need to drill holes at least . The 3door cars get the groovy bumper plug that can be used I think .

OP
Original J-Pat
Thread Starter #3
Dang yea im leasing my FiST so i don't think i could do that lol

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The front bumper beam is high strength steel so a bit hard to drill but you could get a belt type and mount it there and run it through the grill which you would have to slot, buy a spare grill for when the lease is over.

Some metal ones have pretty narrow shafts, you could work out a way to mount it to the bumper and drill a hole in the lower section of the grill that is blocked off, time to turn it in, just take off the toe hook.

On the rear I would have to take a look and see if you can go through the false grill area and meet the bumper there.

OP
Original J-Pat
Thread Starter #5
I mostly likely will buy out at the end but i think ill hold of on the tow strap idea i just really liked how the takata tow straps look

I did one. Was very simple. I did a tow strap, but will be welding a tow hook this weekend.

Here is a few pictures.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Edited:

It looks like that orange car strap could be just for show as there is nothing there to mount the strap to. Of course they may of made a bracket off the bottom of the bumper but it would be a fairly serious project and a bit heavy to make it strong enough.

Having modified my bumper and grill for more airflow, installed two DIY IC's, made ABS ducting to ensure the IC, Radiator, Oil cooler, get all the air the can I am pretty familiar with that part of the car. I will however take a look to see what can be done to put one there, not a bad idea if done right.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
I didn't know it was for show, just thought in the Euro models there were additional hook points.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Take a look at the orange car, it has a round plug higher up and to the passenger side in the bumper cover, that is the stock tow ring point.

I wish are cars came with that, front and rear, I have bought new plugs, drilled a hole in the middle and screwed in custom rings. The use of the drilled cover, on the front of the car, is to block air from going in behind the bumper cover, a bit more aerodynamic than just leaving off the cover.

OP
Original J-Pat
Thread Starter #11
I saw the orange car before I actually follow the guy on instagram but he just ziptied it I feel like a poser if i did that cuz you can see it ziptied i wanted it functional