Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Track Photo Thread

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
And sadly the only picture that was taken of me yesterday.

GFE Mach V Refrigerator Bowl Summit Point Motorsports Park-Jefferson Course.

This day was amazing, placed 1st in class, 12th overall in the AM, and 2nd in class (by only .054 of a second to an E92 M3 Comp) and 18th overall in the PM. Still works out to 1st in class for the whole day.

I had lots of corner workers and marshalls worried, apparently I was imitating a Tripod around most of the track and I guess they were worried, hahahaha.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

And sadly the only picture that was taken of me yesterday.

GFE Mach V Refrigerator Bowl Summit Point Motorsports Park-Jefferson Course.

This day was amazing, placed 1st in class, 12th overall in the AM, and 2nd in class (by only .054 of a second to an E92 M3 Comp) and 18th overall in the PM. Still works out to 1st in class for the whole day.

I had lots of corner workers and marshalls worried, apparently I was imitating a Tripod around most of the track and I guess they were worried, hahahaha.

How did you place 2nd in class with an M3? Youre in SF2 and he should be in SR2. Unless you mean Novice class?

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
How did you place 2nd in class with an M3? Youre in SF2 and he should be in SR2. Unless you mean Novice class?
Correct novice class, had to go novice since it's my first time at summit.

But even then, I'd be in CF2, bigger turbo puts me over the edge.

kevinatfms

Correct novice class, had to go novice since it's my first time at summit.
But even then, I'd be in CF2, bigger turbo puts me over the edge.
What tires are you running? Your sig states RT615k's which puts you in SF2.

If you're on 180 or lower treadwear tires you would be in CF2.

If you're over 400hp with the bigger turbo then you would be in CF3.

Depending on your tire you are either in SF2 or CF2. Turbo wont get you to 400hp. Dont sell yourself to the higher class as we are already outgunned as it is.

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
What tires are you running? Your sig states RT615k's which puts you in SF2.

If you're on 180 or lower treadwear tires you would be in CF2.

If you're over 400hp with the bigger turbo then you would be in CF3.

Depending on your tire you are either in SF2 or CF2. Turbo wont get you to 400hp. Dont sell yourself to the higher class as we are already outgunned as it is.
I'm running RT660s now, but the way John has it set up is any turbo swap bumps you up

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
First ive heard of that? Ted D. and a few other Civic guys are running big turbos and still in SF2.
I'm guessing the classing rules are the same for the summer series.

Here is a pic from my first AutoX at Proving Grounds in September at Brainerd Intl. Raceway in Brainerd MN.

Pretty low key event with lax rules, which puts ya at the back of the pack with a FiST when your run group has a Tesla Model 3 performance and tuned evo 9's in it. lol. but its fun none the less.

They also have HPDE on the short course. I may try that next year, but I've been a bit hesitant with the cooling ability of the brakes and radiator. When running at our smaller track here in the Twin Cities (DCTC), I get into the soft limp mode (low boost due to high coolant temp) and the brake pedal gets mushy pretty quick with factory summer pads, EBC Yellowstuff, and even the EBC Bluestuff pads I tried out this year. That includes fresh brake bleeds before events with Motul RBF 600, which was a huge improvement over normal DOT 4 fluid.

I have a Mountune radiator on the shelf and some Hawk DTC 30 pads to try to address these challenges for next year.

P1015257.jpg

Here is a pic from my first AutoX at Proving Grounds in September at Brainerd Intl. Raceway in Brainerd MN.

Pretty low key event with lax rules, which puts ya at the back of the pack with a FiST when your run group has a Tesla Model 3 performance and tuned evo 9's in it. lol. but its fun none the less.

They also have HPDE on the short course. I may try that next year, but I've been a bit hesitant with the cooling ability of the brakes and radiator. When running at our smaller track here in the Twin Cities (DCTC), I get into the soft limp mode (low boost due to high coolant temp) and the brake pedal gets mushy pretty quick with factory summer pads, EBC Yellowstuff, and even the EBC Bluestuff pads I tried out this year. That includes fresh brake bleeds before events with Motul RBF 600, which was a huge improvement over normal DOT 4 fluid.

I have a Mountune radiator on the shelf and some Hawk DTC 30 pads to try to address these challenges for next year.

View attachment 45508
Do you run the roof racks as vortex generators?.....BIG SARCASTIC SMILE!

Do you run the roof racks as vortex generators?.....BIG SARCASTIC SMILE!
HA! mainly laziness. I did take the time to pull the bike rack out of the receiver before the event. I suppose they would have not appreciated that one.

It would be pretty fun to see what you could get away with.

There was a XJ Jeep Cherokee out there on the Friday autoX, as well as an old Mercedes diesel with the turbo up out the hood. So there are certainly some goofy cars out having fun

HA! mainly laziness. I did take the time to pull the bike rack out of the receiver before the event. I suppose they would have not appreciated that one.

It would be pretty fun to see what you could get away with.

There was a XJ Jeep Cherokee out there on the Friday autoX, as well as an old Mercedes diesel with the turbo up out the hood. So there are certainly some goofy cars out having fun
AX this, motherf*ckers! [burnout]

1639593390535.png

AX this, motherf*ckers! [burnout]
That's awesome! I take a similar approach with my sailboat... hence the roof rack. It's probably a similar weight to your trailer in the pic with the wood on it. I have no issues going down the freeway with it, just keep distance to slow down. It is pretty funny looking unless you have been anywhere other than Canada/US.

PXL_20210429_230508550.jpg

That's awesome! I take a similar approach with my sailboat... hence the roof rack. It's probably a similar weight to your trailer in the pic with the wood on it. I have no issues going down the freeway with it, just keep distance to slow down. It is pretty funny looking unless you have been anywhere other than Canada/US.

View attachment 45510
Oh, that ain't mine...just a pic from the Internet...but I run a box on mine....

20210611_071027-01.jpeg

ronmcdon

dtc30s are great. run them along with endless 650 fluid with no issues at all even with 105f heat with hpde. can't speak for autoX but my ebc orange pads were melting. don't have that issue with the hawk dtc30s. even had no melting with the hawk hp plus in my stock powered (and at times bad heat soaked) evo x I ran prior on hpde.

only con is dtc 30s noticeably squeaky at low braking speeds if that bothers you for street driving.

dtc30s are great. run them along with endless 650 fluid with no issues at all even with 105f heat with hpde. can't speak for autoX but my ebc orange pads were melting. don't have that issue with the hawk dtc30s. even had no melting with the hawk hp plus in my stock powered (and at times bad heat soaked) evo x I ran prior on hpde.

only con is dtc 30s noticeably squeaky at low braking speeds if that bothers you for street driving.
That's good to hear! My plan is to swap between the DTC30 and some more street happy pads, I only do track days 1-2x per year so its not the end of the world swapping things around. The last couple years running normal DOT 4 fluid I was bleeding brakes before and after each event as the pads would melt and get funny feeling as well as boiling the fluid.

I might just end up running the DTC30 pads all summer and just flip to a cooler temp pad in the winter. I suspect the DTC 30 pads are a bit sketchy when its actually cold outside as they wont warm up very quickly here in MN in the winter.

On the squeakiness note, after you melt EBC Bluestuff pads they get a bit squeaky too. lol. they work all year long for me though. All things considered its a decent pad as long as your track sessions are short enough to give them time to cool down. they also don't require any time to come up to operating temp on track/autoX, but 15 min sessions on a short track doesn't work for them, they never have a long straightaway to actually dump off heat.