Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Track Photo Thread

ronmcdon

That's good to hear! My plan is to swap between the DTC30 and some more street happy pads, I only do track days 1-2x per year so its not the end of the world swapping things around. The last couple years running normal DOT 4 fluid I was bleeding brakes before and after each event as the pads would melt and get funny feeling as well as boiling the fluid.

I might just end up running the DTC30 pads all summer and just flip to a cooler temp pad in the winter. I suspect the DTC 30 pads are a bit sketchy when its actually cold outside as they wont warm up very quickly here in MN in the winter.

On the squeakiness note, after you melt EBC Bluestuff pads they get a bit squeaky too. lol. they work all year long for me though. All things considered its a decent pad as long as your track sessions are short enough to give them time to cool down. they also don't require any time to come up to operating temp on track/autoX, but 15 min sessions on a short track doesn't work for them, they never have a long straightaway to actually dump off heat.
with the endless fluid, that's part of the beauty of them. No need to bleed the fluid at all afaik. Have done around 10 events and 1 autoX in the past 9 months, never had to bleed the fluid at all. The do cost more but I think the effectiveness and convenience is worth the premium.

yeah good idea swapping pads for the winter if you're in MN. It works well all year around in CA, but it seldom gets under 50f here in Los Angeles and much of Northern CA that I visit.

I have a hunch the Hawk HP Plus, thinking step below Hawk DTC 30s, rated more of an AutoX pad might also work good. Had them on my stock powered and at times heat soaked evo x with endless fluid and never did pads melt or brakes overheat.

I have the HP+ in the car now and they are great for street & autox. I've never tracked them. The only downside is crazy amounts of dust.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have the HP+ in the car now and they are great for street & autox. I've never tracked them. The only downside is crazy amounts of dust.
Are they noisy, or 'squealy' on the street, especially when cold (both the pads themselves, and ambient temps), and coming to a full stop?

I had a set on my old '00 Z28 once, and they were so obnoxious on the street during anything but full HARD stops when already hot, that I had to get rid of them. [:(]

A few more pics from April 2021 DCTC HPDE (Rosemount, MN), they may not go very fast but they sure look like it when you get the shutter speed just right.

Short tight tracks are fun in the car too because you can keep up with cars that are wayyyyy faster than the FiST, at least until they figure out how to drive... then you end up getting passed quite a bit.
P1003736.jpg P1003796.jpg P1004002.jpg P1003694.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
GingerMan Raceway in South Haven, Michigan. Photos were by NVUS Images

View attachment 49460 View attachment 49461 View attachment 49462
What tire size are you running, and how lowered is the suspension?

I am asking because I am wondering if the Rally Armor front flap mounting nuts rub against the tire's shoulder at all, on full turning body roll lean/compression/braking from speed at all.

I had to remove mine since that nut was cutting into my front Neo Gens' shoulder and tread, even on factory suspension/ride height, when braking, or high steering angle hard turns.

But I am running 205/50-16s on the Dekagrams, not the 'usual' 205/45-16s.

What tire size are you running, and how lowered is the suspension?

I am asking because I am wondering if the Rally Armor front flap mounting nuts rub against the tire's shoulder at all, on full turning body roll lean/compression/braking from speed at all.

I had to remove mine since that nut was cutting into my front Neo Gens' shoulder and tread, even on factory suspension/ride height, when braking, or high steering angle hard turns.

But I am running 205/50-16s on the Dekagrams, not the 'usual' 205/45-16s.
I'm running Falken Azenis 615K+ in 215/45/16 on Dekagrams. My suspension is stock height, and I have a 2015 so I think my suspension has slowly lowered over time.

I've had no rubbing on the nut as of yet. I was genuinely worried it was going to rub in the hard compression corners because the nut is so close to the tire. I'll double check to see if I have any grooves from the nut, but I've had no notable issues so far.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm running Falken Azenis 615K+ in 215/45/16 on Dekagrams. My suspension is stock height, and I have a 2015 so I think my suspension has slowly lowered over time.

I've had no rubbing on the nut as of yet. I was genuinely worried it was going to rub in the hard compression corners because the nut is so close to the tire. I'll double check to see if I have any grooves from the nut, but I've had no notable issues so far.
Yeah, that tire's half inch shorter height/overall diameter (23.6" tall vs. 24.1" tall for the 205/50-16 Neo Gens) is most likely what is saving you from shredding the front tires' shoulders/side walls on those mounting nuts.

Last edited: