Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Track Photo Thread

kevinatfms

Noticeable difference? It is theoretically the perfect set up!
Still in the setup phase but feels great so far. Not a ton more grip than the 16x8's and 215s though. Hate to say it but the 16's had more turn in feel which i do miss a little bit. The tramlining is also horrible on the street.

More setup time and setting the pressures a bit more. Ill report back later on when i get a good feel.

Still in the setup phase but feels great so far. Not a ton more grip than the 16x8's and 215s though. Hate to say it but the 16's had more turn in feel which i do miss a little bit. The tramlining is also horrible on the street.

More setup time and setting the pressures a bit more. Ill report back later on when i get a good feel.
That’s sad to hear about the street. I guess it makes sense about turn in as the 16s likely have a former sidewall. I know some autox guys were keeping 17s for that reason.

kevinatfms

That’s sad to hear about the street. I guess it makes sense about turn in as the 16s likely have a former sidewall. I know some autox guys were keeping 17s for that reason.
Im going to keep rolling with them for now and adjust my setup. I do have a hybrid turbo to go on so that may be the way i can get the car to pull out of the corners harder in 3rd gear and keep momentum instead of going to another wheel/tire setup.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Looks awesome! I've got a track night at Limerock Park in a couple weeks. Word of advice - take of your center caps to your wheels so they don't either melt/warp, or go flying off. I know they aren't the cheapest things.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Are the Enkei caps plastic or alloy?

I ask because the Compomotive caps I have on my Method wheels are alloy, but yes, the Rimstock (Team Dynamics) caps are plastic.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They can still pop out of the center bore and go flying, but if they heat up at a greater rate than the wheel's alloy, that seems unlikely due to expansion of the material when subjected to high heat.

Do the center bores flex enough to overcome that heat expansion, and send them flying anyway? [dunno]

green_henry

1000 Post Club
They can still pop out of the center bore and go flying, but if they heat up at a greater rate than the wheel's alloy, that seems unlikely due to expansion of the material when subjected to high heat.

Do the center bores flex enough to overcome that heat expansion, and send them flying anyway? [dunno]
I had RPF1s on my TSX for years w/o issue. I think I have ~10 track events on these RPFs and no issues. However, plastic hub rings will get brittle and break, so I make sure to replace them with aluminum rings.