Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tune designed specifically for fuel economy

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I know this seems stupid, because we all know everyone is trying to squeeze every once of power out of this car as possible, but has anyone developed a tune designed to maximize fuel economy?

Stratified and many others have a "low boost" map but I wanna know of anyone has designed one more with fuel economy directly in mind? I ask because I've started to take longer and longer trips with my FiST and sometimes we don't need to worry about making 100% power all the time.

Low boost tune, then stay out of boost.

I have a 500hp lightning and if I keep it out of boost I get amazing gas milage, when I'm in boost it drops to 2-3 km a litre

Fuel economy is mostly driver dictated

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
My tune (pre-build) did both... I typically saw 27-29 mpg (mixed mileage), 31-32 on highway alone. So, it's not solely a matter of power levels, but also one of tuning and parts (and driving habits). On the flip side, I could see as little as 18 mpg when racing the car. You could ask your tuner for a lean burn, low boost map.

A proper performance tune will give you better gas mileage IF you keep your foot out of it. Performance tunes should make the most power using your current hardware. And the best way to do that is maximize it's efficiency. ...if it only increases boost, you won't get better mileage. I'd say find a proper full performance tune, and then you can drive for power OR mileage. Best of both worlds.

SFP

My higher power build I totaled if I kept my foot out of it I saw upwards of 38mpg it was tuned from DHM with his intercooler and other hard parts...